Saying Goodbye

Everleigh
Standing in front of the mirror in my black dress, staring blankly at myself, all I feel is numbness. This can't be real. He can't be gone.

There was a knock at the door but I didn't bother moving to see who it was. I can't move.

Whoever was at the door, pushed it open and came in. Whoever it is walks over here and stands beside me.

"Everleigh, it's time to start heading out. Are you ready?" They ask me.

I stiffly nod my head, still unable to move. Everything feels so numb.

"We can stay a few extra minutes if you need them." She speaks softly. I force myself to turn my head and see Andromeda standing there. She's wearing a black dress and has her hair up and out of her face.

"It doesn't feel real." I say, turning back to the mirror.

"No, it doesn't." She replies.

"I need him." I mumble. "I can't do this."

"Hey, don't say that. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met and I will be by your side the either way." Andromeda says. "We all will be."

"It's too soon..." I mumble. "We just got married.. and.. I-" I choke up.

Andromeda pulls me into a hug while tears start to roll down my cheek. I didn't even realize I was crying. She gently rubs my back as I cry on her shoulder.

"He loves you so much and I know he's watching over you. Regulus would never completely leave you."

"I'm pregnant." I blurt out. She lets go of me and steps back, staring into my eyes.

"You- really?" She asks.

I nod my head and look back into the mirror. "I found out last night."

"Shit... uh.."

"I'm going to keep it." I add. "It's his.. it's a part of him and I can't-"

"Then that kid is the luckiest kid in the world because they just gained the best mother." Andromeda says, hugging me again.

"Thanks..." I say, hugging her back. When she lets go, she smiles softly at me.

"Can you keep it a secret? I'll tell everyone but not right now." I ask her.

"Of course, it's your news to tell."

"Can I tell you something else?" I ask, she nods her head. "I'm terrified to do this without Reggie... on my own."

"You are never going to be on your own Everleigh. You have a whole village of friends out there who love you and will stand by you. Everyone will be there for you."

"I'm so thankful for you guys." I tell her. "I don't think I would've made it if you guys weren't taking care of me."

"You're strong and you underestimate yourself."

There was another knock at the door but whoever it was didn't wait for an Invitation before coming in. And of course it was Severus.

"James and Sirius are at the door. They say it's time to go." Severus says.

"Okay." Andromeda says. She offers me her hand and I take it before we walk out into the common room. There's a few people with suits on and Bellatrix was even there in a dress. She completely ignores her sister but smiles weakly at me.

Although I kind of wish she ignored me too... that freaks me out.. her being nice.

Narcissa came out of no where and gave me a hug and she even hugged Andromeda.