Guilty

Sirius
The next few days were very dark. Word got out about Regulus once our parents heard and of course they made it a whole scene.

Kreacher must have told them about Regulus' last wishes, about me and our friends being at the funeral because the day after that I got a letter. It wasn't friendly but it was good enough.

-

Sirius,
I'm sure by now you've heard about your brother but if you haven't yet, he went missing and he's presumed dead.

His funeral will be held on Saturday and apparently he's made it clear to the house elf that he wants you to be there. You and your friends.

And apparently your brother went and got married to that Hufflepuff girl so she might as well come too.

If you guys come, do not cause a scene. You've done enough to this family.

Walburga.

-

I showed everyone the letter and told them about the funeral. They all agreed we should go because he wanted us there. Everleigh even said she'd go. Ever since the cave, she's been quite and disconnected with everyone.

I'm really worried about her. She doesn't want to talk to anyone and whenever someone mentions Regulus, she tenses up or walks away. Andromeda told me she goes to his dorm room every night and sleeps there and most days she doesn't even go to class. The only places you can really find her these days are in his dorm room or in the astronomy tower. James said he saw her going up there every morning with a book in her hand while wearing a Slytherin hoodie.

"I'm really worried about her. She won't open up to anyone anymore." I say to the group.

"She loves him so much, this can't be easy for her." Lily adds.

"I know it's hard for her... I'm just worried about him and wish I could do something to help her." I say. I can do something to help her... I could tell her that he didn't actually die but... I promised my brother I would keep his secret.

"Not to change the subject on you all.. but in the letter, what do you think Regulus meant by don't trust everyone you're close with?" James asks.

"Who could he be talking about?" Remus asks.

"Im not sure-"

"Peter." Everleigh says. I jump. I didn't even hear her come over here. I thought she was still in Regulus' dorm room.

"What?" James asks, letting out a small laugh.

"Peter. He's one of them and by choice... unlike Regulus." Everleigh mumbles.

"You're being serious?" Remus asks her. "He's a death eater?"

"Mhm."

"Fuck." Remus shouts, causing people to look over at us.

"Moony, just relax. We can deal with him together, yeah?" James asks Remus.

"That's not- he knew about me. He knows all of our secret."

"Fuck." James snaps, people look back over at us.

Everleigh sits down beside Lily and Lily hugs her. She lays her head on Lily's shoulder and gently strokes her hair.

"I can't believe Peter. We trusted him... he was one of us." Lily mumbles.

"What are we going to do about it?" Remus asks.

"We should stop talking about it right now because he's on his way over here." I say. They all look over at Peter making his way over here.

"I can't do this right now." Everleigh says, standing up to walk away.