Dear Everleigh,

Everleigh,
I spoke to Professor Slughorn and asked him what a horcrux is. The answer freaked me out because it's something that- if it's not destroyed- could lead to Voldemort living forever.

A horcrux is an object made from dark magic that gives that person immortality.

Professor Slughorn told me that it's dangerous to do and only people who are hungry for power. Those are the people who are dumb enough to do something this dangerous.

You are probably going to hate me for what I'm about to do and I'm sorry but I couldn't let you come. Knowing that horcruxs give that person immortality, and if it's destroyed, they can be killed.. I know that the cave will have something even more dangerous there to protect it.

I love you, which is why I can not let you go with me. If it's as dangerous as I think it will be... you shouldn't be anywhere near it.

I'll go and I'll take Kreacher with me and when we destroy the thing, I'll come back and tell you everything.

If- and I hate to think about this- but if something happens to me, I want you to tell my brother that I tried to do the right thing. I want him to know I was exactly who he thought I was. 

I wrote the letters to everyone who I care about. They're in my dresser in the dorms. If something does happen to me, deliver them for me? And take care of Kreacher. 

And if by chance something does happen to me, I want you to know that I wouldn't be half the man I am now if you never walked into my life. I never would have had the strength to tell my parents no if it wasn't for you. I would have never fixed my relationship with my brother if it wasn't for you. 

You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Not only are you an amazing person but you're also so sweet and caring.

I'm not sure why you ever gave me a chance since I was such an ass to you but I'll forever be grateful that you did.

You changed my entire world, Hufflepuff. You made me a better person and you make me happy every single day. 

I love you more than anything and I'm so glad you chose me. You're perfect.

Never forget that love.

I know you're going to hate me for this and I'm not even sure you've made it through the entire letter but if you did.. I'm sorry. Please forgive me when I get back.

I can't let you do this because I know it's not safe and of anything happens because of that, I would never forgive myself.

You're my wife and if I can do anything to protect you, I have to do it. I can't forgive myself if you get hurt because of my problem. I shouldn't have gotten the stupid mark but you stood by me and now things are getting messy. I'm sorry about that.. I'm sorry about all of this.

I really hope you can forgive me for this. I love you.

Love,

Regulus