Forgive Me

Lily
I've been spending a lot of time in the library trying to avoid seeing James or Everleigh. I don't want to hear more excuses or anything like that. I get that they had something that was really important for them to deal with right then.. but we were in the middle of a date and he just got up and left. If that's how our whole relationship is going to be... I can't do it.

James doesn't come in the library unless we have plans because the library means school work and he doesn't do that. 

Everleigh has been trying to talk to me but every time I see her, I walk away or tell her to leave me alone. I'm not ready to talk to her and she's making it worse by not leaving me alone.

I just can't talk to them right now.

I'm sitting in the library right now working on some potions homework that I'm not quite done yet but it's due soon. I'm a little behind on my work which isn't like me at all.

I was buried in a book and distracted when James walks into the library and sits down beside me.

"What."

"I want to talk." James says.

"So talk."

"You can't stay mad at me Evans."

"I can and I will." I say.

"No, you can't. I'm sorry I walked out on our date but it was really important."

"Okay." I say.

"Sirius and Regulus needed me and Everleigh because they're worried about Regulus." James explains.

Oh.

"Are they okay...?" I ask him.

"Yeah, they're fine now." James says. "But i'm really sorry that I walked out on you."

"I thought you walked out because whatever Everleigh needed you for was more important to you than me." I say.

"I never knew you were so insecure Evans." James teases. "You don't have to worry about something happening between her and me. I have a feeling she likes someone else and I like someone else too."

"Okay..." I mumble, feeling slightly embarrassed that he knew I was worried that he likes Everleigh.

"Don't worry Evans. I'm in to you and only you." James says. "Am I forgiven?"

"Fine, I forgive you."

"Good.. because this make up date I planned would definitely be no fun if you didn't forgive me and I had to bring Sirius." James jokes.

I couldn't even hold in the laughter. Sometimes he can be really dumb but other times, he's the best.

"I mean if you want to take Sirius, I'll back down and wait for the next opportunity." I joke.

"No, I do not want to take Sirius. He'll spend the whole time talking about Everleigh and Regulus. It would not be fun."

"He just needs someone to rant to about them and you're his best friend." I say.

"Yes but it wouldn't make fun date conversation." James adds.

"You think I'd be any better at dating conversation?" I ask.

"Better than Sirius, not that it's hard to be better than Sirius at dating conversation. Just don't talk about Regulus and Everleigh the entire time."

"Noted." I say and smile.

-

Everleigh
"Good morning Evie." Regulus says as he walks in to the astronomy tower the next morning.