Evans

Everleigh
Regulus never replied to my letter but I still decided to go to the Astronomy tower anyway. If he shows up, he shows up. If he doesn't, I'll have to find him.

I start doing my homework, writing notes from class that I wrote messy and can barely read. I have to now re-write them so I can use them later.

I just wish he would talk to me and let me help him. I know something bad is happening but I just want to help him.

"Evie..." I hear him quietly say and I turn around fast to see him standing at the door.

"You came." I say, I couldn't hide my smile.

"I wasn't going to come." He honestly says. "But I did want to see you."

"I'm glad you came... and I meant what I said in the letter."

"I really don't want to talk about it." He says.

"We do not have to talk about it. I told you we don't have to."

"Can I join you over there?" He asks.

I smile and nod. "Of course, dumb ass."

He smiles and comes and sits beside me without saying another word. We watched what was left of the sun rise in silence while I finished writing the notes.

I was nearly done them when Regulus spoke.

"I'm scared Evie." He says quietly. If it wasn't silent up here, I would've missed it.

I drop my work beside me and move closer to him.

"Why are you scared Reggie?"

"I can't tell you..." he mumbles. "I can't, but I'm scared."

"I'm here Reggie." I whisper, grabbing his hand. "I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere."

"You're the only person that doesn't give up on me." Regulus whispers. "I feel like I can tell you anything.. but I just can't tell you this."

"When you're ready you can tell me, if you're ever ready."

"Just know that if I'm avoiding you, it's not because I want to. I'm just scared of you getting hurt because of me."

"You never have to try and protect me or avoid me." I tell him.

I've never seen this side of him before. He seems so scared and broken. I gently rest my head on his shoulder and neither of us say anything else for a long while. I just want to be here in the moment, until things start getting weird again.

At least this is a step closer to him opening up to me and trusting me.

"Don't give up on me." He whispers and I squeeze his hand.

"Never."

-

"So did he meet you this morning?" Sirius asks me when we meet by the lake like we planned.

"He showed up but he didn't tell me he was coming." I reply.

"Good." Sirius says. "How did it go?"

"It went okay." I reply. "He didn't tell me anything or open up to me, he just wanted to sit with me."

"Did he seem okay?" Sirius asks.

"No, not at all." I reply. "He just won't tell me what's going on. He's scared."

"I need to know what our mother is saying to him if he's that scared."

"Me too." I admit. "I'm worried about him."

"We can't give up on him Everleigh." Sirius tells me. "We can't do that."