DAY 067

Laune kept talking to me about random things and I just kept nodding because I'm busy doing my projects that I didn't finish last weekend. School is hell, but I love it here because I can see my friends. I can see Laune.

"How should I surprise Renxy?" I pretended that I didn't hear what he said and I gather the things that I need to pass to my subject teachers. I want to pass in advance, I don't want to wait for the deadline, I still need to study for our exams.

"Stop talking, I'm going to the faculty." I carried out all of my projects and I didn't expect Laune to help me carry those. He accompanies me in the faculty.

"Uh hey Laune, can you, uh, knock on the door? I'm, uh, shy." I'm not used to going to the faculty room and I'm so embarrassed right now that I can't even speak straight. Laune laughed at me and I just rolled my eyes.

Laune knocked on the door and a teacher opened the door. She called all the teachers that I needed so that I can pass all of my projects and activities. When I and Laune are about to leave, our class adviser approaches us.

"That's good seeing you doing school works immediately, Shrynae. Why don't you follow Shrynae, Laune?" I'm actually nervous because our class adviser might slip and she will accidentally say something to Laune that is related to me having leukemia.

"Role model ko siya, Prof." Our class adviser laughed and I just smiled. Role model? Seriously? I'm happy to hear that though.

"How are you, Shrynae?" I looked at Laune and his brows furrowed. I looked back at our class adviser and smiled. "I'm looking forward to your performances in class." Looks like she gets that I don't want to talk about my health. She smiled but I can see the sadness in her eyes.

"Thank you, prof." Then we bid goodbye to our class adviser.

While we are on our way back to our classroom, I noticed that Laune kept on glancing at me like he wants to say something.

"Do you have something to say?" Looks like he doesn't have any courage to speak first. And this is actually new to me because Laune is a very talkative person.

"Hindi ko alam na ganun pala kayo ka close ni prof para kamustahin ka niya. Close din naman kami pero hindi niya ako kinamusta. Sana all nalang sa'yo." I laughed. See? He is straight to the point.

I didn't say anything, he will just get curious if I will say something. It's better this way.

***

Dear Diary,
It's the first day of review, and I'm making my projects at school. Though I already finished most of it last Friday and Saturday. And then there's Laune who keeps talking to me. I passed all of my projects so that I won't be marked late and Laune helped me carry those.