3.4

• 𝙏𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙃 𝙈𝙀 𝙃𝙊𝙒 𝙏𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 •

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 34: 𝖉𝖔𝖓𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖗 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖙𝖜𝖎𝖈𝖊

𒊹︎︎︎

flashback

"Mimi!"

Chanmi turned around and saw Juyeon waving with his daring cute smile. She couldn't help but smile back. She waved back and ran toward him. Juyeon opened his arms.

His warm embrace was a home for her.

was..

is it still not?

*

Juyeon walked down roads, sadly. He watched as couples walked down the streets hand in hand. It was only a stupid reminder of what Chanmi and he used to be. It hurt to think of it.

Suddenly, rain showered over him. Without an umbrella, or anything in general to cover himself from soaking, he was standing alone in the rain.

Couples ran together down the street, covering their significant other with their bags, hands, or honestly, just anything.

Juyeon sighed as he watched them, remembering that's what Chanmin and he did together. He looked down st the ground and felt the water from his hair drip down to his shoes.

"It's fine," he mumbled. He looked up and just before he took a step forward, the rain stopped falling.

Atleast, on him it stopped. He turned around and saw Chanmi holding an umbrella.

"You're still so stupid and forget to bring an umbrella out," Chanmi scoffed. Juyeon stared at her in awe.

It was unbelievable. Seeing Chanmi was a different type of feeling, especially after that day they spoke to each other.

"Why are you..?" Juyeon asked.

"I was in a library nearby," Chanmi stated and pointed afar. "I decided to take a walk. It started raining so I headed this way and saw you, drenched."

Juyeon looked down. "Sorry for bothering you, you can go on now-"

Chanmi stood next to him. "Where are you heading to?" She ignored him and continued to walk with him.

"The bus stop," Juyeon hesitantly responded. Even when it was raining she was shining. It so happened to be that he lost her to his best friend.

Then his conscience had come to a conclusion.

I'm going to court Chanmi.

*

Chanmi handed the umbrella to Juyeon as they walked under the bus stop. Juyron stared down at the handle in confusion. "Why are you giving me this?"

"It's raining. When you get off the bus it's like 2 blocks away from your house so you might as well," Chanmi slightly smiled.

"I'll make this clear again Juyeon. Just because you aren't my boyfriend doesn't mean you can't be my friend," Chanmi nudged him with her shoulder. "We've always been good friends. There's no point in ending our friendship just because I have a boyfriend."

"Good friends.." Juyeon mumbled.

"Hm? What'd you say?" Chanmi asked, not being able to hear him properly through all the sounds of rain crashing onto the ground.

"Nothing," Juyeon replied. "Thank you for the umbrella."

Chanmi grinned.

Juyeon's heart skipped a beat. Please stop smiling, his mind spoke. He knew right then and there he couldn't be her friend. Everytime she smiled it reminded him of how much he loved her. It was undeniable.

The bus came and Juyeon left, waving. Chanmi waved back with her heart-moving smile.

As the bus moved, Juyeon watched as Chanmi placed her hand over her head and ran through the rain.

His heart tore.

"Why didn't she keep the umbrella.."

He took his phone out. Using his thumbs to press the keys on his phone, he typed,

"I'll do it."

Message sent!

Hyung

Me
I'll do it.
seen 14:28

Hyung
good

Hyung
There's a party in a few days and she's going.
Make your move there. We are the only ones who know about this. So don't make it obvious.

Me
okay

words: 619edited: xpublish date: july 18, 2021

words: 619
edited: x
publish date: july 18, 2021

words: 619edited: xpublish date: july 18, 2021