1.5

• 𝙏𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙃 𝙈𝙀 𝙃𝙊𝙒 𝙏𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 •

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 15: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖜

𒊹︎︎︎

Hyunjae crawled onto the bed Chanmi laid on. He quickly embraced her and pecked her forehead. "Goodnight," he muttered.

Chanmi stuffed her head into his chest. "Goodnight, I love you." She said before falling asleep in his warmth. Just as Hyunjae began drifting off to sleep, he heard his phone ding. He picked up his phone from the bedside and read the message.

*

"What do you want?" Hyunjae coldly asked.

"Hyunjae, I have a question," Sowon spoke and bit her lip. She looked up to Hyunjae. "You're strange these days... Is it because of her?"

"What? Strange?" He scoffed. "I'm normal and completely fine so don't blame anything on Chan-"

"No," Sowon cut him off. "I meant, what are you doing with Chanmi?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" Hyunjae raised a brow.

"It's offputting to me, but why does it seem like you don't like her?" Sowon asked. "Hyunjae I know you well. We've always been friends but the way you look at her is so.. different.."

"Because I love her," Hyunjae quickly responded.

Sowon spoke, "You look at her with pity, Hyunjae." He shut his mouth immediately. He didn't understand her.

"Me? Look at her with pity? Why would I ever-"

"Because you're using her Hyunjae. You can't use a girl and expect that to be a good thing!" Sowon cut him off again.

"I'm not using her!" Hyunjae yelled at Sowon.

"You are! You clearly are! Then why else are you with her?" Sowon asked. Hyunjae opened his mouth but it slowly closed. He gulped with a stern look.

"Sowon, this isn't any of your business," He said before leaving her.

Little did they both know, Chanmi was watching. Hyunjae went inside the room and realized Chanmi was gone. He checked the bathroom, but she wasn't there. "Chanmi?" He called.

Chanmi walked into the room and closed the door behind her. She met eyes with Hyunjae and bit the side of her cheek.

"Where were you?" He asked and immediately hugged her. Chanmi closed her eyes to hold back the tears.

"I heard you and Sowon-unnie.." Chanmi muttered.

"Don't listen to her nonsense Chanmi," Hyunjae reassured her and separated from the hug. His thumb brushed across her cheek to wipe her tear.

Sowon was right. His eyes— they were so full of pity. Chanmi took a deep breath.

"I think she's right," Chanmi swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Chanmi.." Hyunjae breathed out. He lowered his head and his forehead pressed onto her's. His gaze was so deep, Chanmi almost convinced herself that he loved her. "Don't let her get between our relationship, hm?" He hummed whilst wiping her teardrops.

Chanmi backed away from him, "I.. I'm gonna go out for a walk." Hyunjae wanted to ask her if she wanted him to come with her, but by the time he was going to ask, she had already left.

*

Chanmi took time for herself to think.

Why is it so scary? Why is this scarier than anything? Why am I scared he'll leave me? Is he going to break me apart? What if this ends up like what happened with Juyeon?

Her thoughts ran and ran. It made her stop in her tracks. She ended up at the remote beach. The night breeze hit her front and she took a deep breath. The dark blue tinted tide rose.

Chanmi sat down on the sand and hugged her legs.

"Stay away from Juyeon," A girl said and placed a lollipop in her mouth. A laughter came from her lips. Her fingers pressed on the stick and took out the lollipop. "Yah, Sashimi." She laughed. "Juyeon clearly stood you up. You should know better now that he likes me, not you."

"Bora can you just fuck off?" Chanmi trembled.

"Did you guys hear that?" Bora laughed along with the others behind her, taking photos and videos. Bora kicked Chanmi onto the ground. "You should just die
Should I help you?"

Chanmi dusted her pants and bit her lip. "Go away!"

"You're lucky enough Changmin is your brother. In a pair of twins, there's always the one that lacks. I didn't think you could lack so much!" Bora smirked and pulled the girl's hair. Bora bent down and whispered,

"Just die."

𒊹︎︎︎

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜:726𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍: ✓𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 1, 2021

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜:726
𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍: ✓
𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 1, 2021

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜:726𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍: ✓𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 1, 2021