3.0

• 𝙏𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙃 𝙈𝙀 𝙃𝙊𝙒 𝙏𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 •

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 30: 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖎 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖟𝖊𝖉

𒊹︎︎︎

chanmi pov

I looked out the window. It was always so strange. Everyday when I stared out of this very window, no matter how bright, no matter how pretty, no matter if the sky was clear or if the flowers were blooming, I would always have hoped I died.

I realized it wasn't so bad. With Jaehyun, it wasn't so bad, as long as he and I were able to work it out. I will be a better girlfriend. I'll be a better person, not for him, but for myself. A grin formed onto my face. Today was going to be a good day.

*

third pov

Hyunjae checked his watch and his eyes widened. He needed to go back to the apartment. It had already been 11pm but he was stuck studying and working at his job the entire time. He quickly packed his books, papers, and laptop, and he ran out as he bowed toward his sunbaes.

He quickly enetered the apartment and was welcomed by Chanmi studying for her midterms.

"You're home?" Chanmi looked up and smiled. She took off her circular glasses and placed them on the tabletop. "I made some food, but you'll have to microwave it because it kind of got cold."

Hyunjae nodded and placed his stuff down as he watched Chanmi warm up the food she cooked up. " No questions?"

Chanmi sighed, "I've come to a realization Lee Jaehyun."

Hearing Chanmi say his full name made him gulp and almost sweat a river.

"There's no point in asking 'Where were you?' or 'What were you doing?' if you're tired," Chanmi said. The microwave beeped until she opened the door. She placed the food on the table.

"I would like to ask you, but you're probably too tired to answer and I trust you," Chanmi smiled. She walked over to Hyunjae and her eye smile turned into a piercing glare. "So go take a fucking shower before I make you sleep on the couch tonight."

Hyunjae smiled, "If you're trying to scare me right now, it's not going to work-"

Chanmi blinked. "Me? Scare you?" She scoffed. "Why would I ever?"

There was a silent pause.

Chanmi's threatening smile grew bigger by the second.
In summary, she ended up chasing him around the apartment and giving his arm a few bites here and there, but he was okay— maybe.

*

It was 2am. Hyunjae and Chanmi were laying in the bed together, unfazed, just staring at the roof in the dark.

"Chanmi-ah," Hyunjae softly called. She responded with a short hum. "From our argument the other day, I came to a realization."

"When we were in high school, I liked Sowon. She was my best friend and crush. Though it was one-sided, I held it on even when she dated my other best friend." Hyunjae chuckled. "Then I met you in our second year of college. I still remembered you from high-school, but not well. Just like Sowon, you became my best friend as we lived together. You even became my lover."

"Past me would say I still liked Sowon and just used you to prove to her I was everything she missed out on," He paused. "But I was wrong." He chuckled. "I found someone who I wanted everyday. I wanted to fall in love with you more day by day. I didn't want to prove Sowon that I was everything. What I really wanted to do was prove to you I was going to be everything I could give you."

Chanmi tilted her head to face him who was already staring at her. Even in the dark, his smile made her heart flutter.

"I'm not the most handsome, I'm not the richest, I'm not the greatest, nor am I God, but I will do everything in my power for you as long as we are here, together." He stated sweetly.

A huge pressure was lifted off of Chanmi's chest. A wave of emotions came inand she couldn't help but shed tears. It wasn't sadness anymore. She couldn't cry because of sadness. Her tears said everything, her thankfulness, her happiness, and her loveliness.

Hyunjae wiped her tears with his thumb and he caressed her cheek. "Though I still may not know what you and Juyeon have been through, I'll wait till your ready to tell me."

He leaned toward her and kissed her forehead before falling asleep with Chanmi in his arms.

That's when they both thought,

Maybe we are meant to be.

words: 764edited: xpublish date: july 2, 2021

words: 764
edited: x
publish date: july 2, 2021

words: 764edited: xpublish date: july 2, 2021