"Lauryn?" she called out, eventually finding her in the bathroom sat on the floor by the tub. "What's going on?"

"It's bad, Toni," Lauryn began, and her best friend lowered next to her.

"Are you okay, first of all?" Toni asked, feeling Lauryn's forehead as she took her hand. "I knew you didn't seem okay last night."

"Me and Sweet Pea had a fight last night, and I've never seen him so disappointed in me. He hates me," Lauryn explained, trying to hold back the tears. "It was because of what I said in the Wyrm."

Toni frowned, remembering the events in the Wyrm perfectly. "But you looked unhappy before that. You two will work whatever this is out, I'm sure. I'm more worried about why you're like this right now, Lauryn. This isn't normal."

Lauryn took a deep breath. "I'm late."

"What do you mean, you're late?" Toni raised a brow. That wasn't the answer she was expecting, and she certainly didn't consider the potential definition "I'm confused."

"I... I think I'm pregnant."

"Have you been getting sick?"

Angel Face nodded in sheer regret, wiping her eyes as Toni's expression softened helplessly. "Oh, Lauryn. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought I could ignore it," Lauryn said stupidly, snivelling. "Sweet Pea got me a test but... I refused to take it because I was too scared of the truth. I guess that backfired, because now, he's gone."

Toni breathed hard, trying to keep her composure. "Where is it?"

"At Sweet Pea's."

"Lauryn," she grasped her best friend's forearm firmly. "I really think you should take it. It won't change a thing, except put your mind to rest. I know it's scary but you've gotta be brave."

Lauryn closed her eyes, inhaling through her nose. "I know. I'm too scared to call him. What if he doesn't want anything to do with me now?"

"You and I both know that's not the case. Look, I'll call him," Toni volunteered. "This is something you guys need to discuss together."

As much as she wished her best friend wasn't right, Lauryn couldn't find any excuse. Her heart raced as she heard Toni's voice on the phone in the other room.

After a minute or so, she returned to the bathroom, leaning on the doorframe. "He's on his way."

"Thanks for being here, Toni," Lauryn said, glancing up at her best friend gratefully.

"I'm glad you called me," Toni replied, taking a cloth before running it under a warm tap to clean up the smudged makeup underneath Lauryn's eyes. "Whatever the line on that stick says, I'm here for you, and I know the rest of the Serpents will be, too."

They heard the front door open, and Lauryn's heart dropped down to her stomach. Her eyes met with Toni's as footsteps approached the bathroom.

"You got this," Toni winked, getting up before holding out her hands to pull Lauryn up as well. "I'm going to give you two some space, but call me if you need anything."

"Thank you again, Toni," Lauryn hugged her tightly, listening as she greeted Sweet Pea on the way out.

There was a silence as Lauryn stood alone, waiting to see Sweet Pea's tall figure appear in front of her. "Sweet Pea?"

"I'm here," he replied calmly, still not in her view. "Are you okay?"

"No," she confessed willingly. "Mainly because of how sorry I am for how I acted, and how stubborn and secretive I've been."