"Boringest isn't a word Tate and no they aren't! My mothers a Hufflepuff and she happens to be a very interesting one." Emmaline snapped.

"Tatum how dare you insult her mother?" Gracie said in a cautious tone but was obviously joking, but then again nobody had gotten the joke.

"Why are you even going on date? This years almost over you won't even be able to see him again!" Tatum debated.

"There's always the concept of writing letters! Merlin Tatum why has this got you all worked up?" Emmaline asked exhaustedly.

"Yeah Tatum i wonder what got your panties in a twist." Gracie smirked over at Tatum as he looked over and glared at her.

"Nothing. Now why don't you go aren't you late for your date?" He did not even try to speak in a manner tone.

"Don't tell me what to do." Emmaline snapped again.

"Tell him Em! Don't let a man ever tell you what to do!" Gracie preached all the way from the couch. Now, she's finally got the twos confused glances.

"Now, where were you last night?" Emmaline asked Grace as her eyes slightly widen.

"What do you mean?" Gracie asked trying out that fake 'unknowingly' glance at the two.

"I mean that you never came back after dinner. Where'd you run off too?" Emmaline asked seriously, although deep down it seemed as if she had already known.

"I went to bed early." They still didn't believe her.

"Seriously i did! Of course you didn't notice me in bed because you were wondering where Tatum whereabouts rather than mine." Gracie tried again and obviously this worked better since the little blush that crept onto Emmaline's face and with Tatum's sudden questioning of "Why were you worrying where I was?"

Emmaline glared at Gracie.

"We've been friends for the longest Tate. I always worry where you are when you're not around." She stared at him with trusting eyes, then added on to her sentence with a bit of disdain "unlike with Grace."

By then, Gracie had instantly regretted what she said. She did not mean to say it, just at the same time she did. She had only wanted them to finally realize what such a big liking thy have on each other, but tonight just wasn't the night.

"I've got to go. I told Conner that I would meet him by now." Emmaline left without giving Gracie another glanced and without saying a goodbye to Tatum.

"Do you think that?" Tatum began but was cut off by Gracie by his slowed words.

"That she has a sight crush on you? Yeah." Gracie answered.

Tatum let go to what sounded both a relief and frustrated sigh.

"But she doesn't-"

"Doesn't know that you also has a slight fancy feeling as well? Nope." She cut him off again.

Tatum shook his head, "but mine isn't small. I really really like Emmaline. Merlin I've been fancying her since the day I've met her! I'm- I'm in love with her."

Gracie did not know that this was how her morning was going to be.

"Tate I-"

"But of course I could not tell her. Like you said 'small liking' here, plus she's out with Conner the Hufflepuff boy. Most interesting." Tatum sounded annoyed and obviously a tone of jealous was clear onto his voice. Gracie loved it.

"She said that about her mother. The 'interesting' part. Now, let's figure out how you're gonna tell her." Gracie began but this time she was cut of by Tatum.