Gracie nodded and let herself walk past him. Without saying a word, she had left.

She entered the Gryffindor common room attempting to act "normal" as possible.

"Gracie?"

Gracie stopped in her tracks then looked up to see Tatum on the couch looking exhausted.

"Tatum, hey! Wha- what are you doing here?" Gracie questioned not truly wondering why Tatum would be spending his sleepless nights in the common room, but she had needed to distract him.

"Oh um I could not sleep last night, and I just came here to clear off my head." Tatum stood awkwardly and talked tiredly as he seemed to pluck every bit of energy he has left.

Gracie furrowed her eyebrows at him, "Oh is something going on?"

Tatum sighed, "well I recently broke up whatever thing I had with Brown, but that's not really affecting me."

"Then what is?" She questioned. Gracie wasn't dumb. She knew exactly what was on her friends mind, she just needed him to say it out loud to finally conclude it.

Tatum had given another deep sigh. "Emmaline won't talk to me."

Gracie nodded helplessly "I've figured. Not even after you and Brown had broken off?"

"Well, we weren't really a thing so I saw no need into telling her anything, and is she's not talking to me because of her? That's outrageous!" Tatum said angrily but puffed out a blow of air. "No offense to her though."

Gracie gave him and awkward shrug. She knew Tatum would never do anything to offend anyone, but when it comes to terms like these she could not blame him.

"You're girlfriend was a bit obnoxious." She said quietly as if Brown had been on the other side of the room.

"But she was not even my girlfriend!"

"What girlfriend?"

Gracie and Tatum both turn to see Emmaline who's wearing a long sleeved floral dress that had cut off on her mid thigh. She even seemed to wear a bit of makeup. Tatum's mouth opened in a slight gap.

"Oh, Em you look amazing! Doesn't she Tatum?" Gracie looked back at Tatum who would not move.

Gracie looked back at Emmaline to find a way out of the awkwardness. "Tatum was just telling me how him and Brown aren't in speaking terms anymore." Gracie spoke with a disappointed tone, but her expressions showed the opposite.

Emmaline's eyes widen, "Re- Really? You've stopped seeing that hag?"

Gracie coughed loudly to stop Emmaline from saying anymore. Emmaline stilled. "Did you really like her?" She asked with a concern look, as Tatum rolled his eyes.

"We weren't dating at all Em!" He said exhaustedly.

"Now, where are you going?" Tatum with a quirked eyebrow.

"Since you asked nicely, I've gotten myself a date." Emmaline said sarcastically.

"With who?" Tatum asked abruptly.

"With a boy in Hufflepuff name Conner Smith." Emmaline spoke in a confident tone but her body language was uncomfortable.

"A Hufflepuff?" Tatum was in disbelief.

"Oh the blonde boy?" Gracie asked.

"Yes! And what do you have against Hufflepuffs?"

"Nothing, besides the fact that they're the most boringest house."