Chapter 54

We were walking back to the planet to get back to cid for a next mission but when there bounty hunters after omega and myself I don't know what to do.

"When's pur next mission?" Omega asked as she was sitting on wreckers shoulders whiles he's walking. I honestly love the relationship between the two.

"With two bounty hunters after you and Phoenix, it'll be wise to keep a low profile" tech said.

"Techs right" I said putting her down from wreckers shoulders "there's too much heat for us right now"

"Ha that never stoped us before" wrecker laughs.

Hunter pulls me and wrecker "the kids been through enough she needs a break" he said.

We looked at omega who was eating as echo sniffs the food and tech watches them.

"She seems fine to me" wrecker said.

We went into cids bar in no surprise cid was already there waiting for us "I've got a mission for you. A simple extraction on ravus"

"Raxus?" Tech said "that is a former center of the separatists government it has since the imperials outpost—"

"I'm not interested in a history lesson goggles" cid said being annoyed by tech. "You're being hired to locate and free senator avi Singh from his confinement my client will meet you at the given corrdenates to brief you detailed are on this now get going"

she was meant to throw it to hunter. But I caught it first "help a separatist?" I asked throwing it back at her "not gonna happen"

"Your dept still not paid remember? A jobs a job"

I gently pushed cid to move so we coulp talk privately "I am not bringing omega to a planet swarming with imperials"

"So leave her here with me I'll keep an eye on her you know me"

"Even though we know each other I still don't trust you."

"Good you shouldn't. But if keeping the kid safe mean more money in my pocket it's in my best interest to do so isn't it?"

I sighed "if anything happens to her—"

"Yeah yeah, she-clone just get outta here will you"

I walked up to omega who was ready to go "ready when you are mom" she said.

"Not this time omega" I said crouching at her level "you're staying with cid"

"But the mission in part of this squad too" she said.

I put my hand on her shoulders "then following orders shouldn't be a problem. Stay close to cid and don't leave this parlour got it?"

Omega groans "yea mom"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We made to raxus wile before the way there echo complains about helping someone who was a separatist. Can't say I blame him I didn't like the idea either but wr need to pay our deposit.

"I am simply stating that codes did in fact work" tech said as we got off the ship. "The client being a separatist is not relevant"

"It is to me" echo said.

"Forget politics were here to do a job" hunter said.

"I'm very pleased to hear you say that" we turned and pointed our guns to see a droid walking to us.

"Who are you?" I asked it.

"I am your client"

"We're working for a droid?" Wrecker asked in confusion.

"That is correct" the droid said "my master senator Singh was arrested for speaking out against the unjust occupation—"

"We don't care" echo said.

"Just take us where the senators being held" I told it.

"Follow me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were sneaking into town with the droid to find the senator until we reach the destination.

"There are at least six exterior gaurds and multiple heat signatures inside. Four in the subterranean level" tech explained.

"Why do I have a feeling you're sitting us up?" Echo said to the droid.

"It is against my programming to send my allies in danger" the droid said.

"We aint allies tin bin" wrecker said.

"Enough" I said "we need to take out the compounds survallence system" I signaled them to move as we try not to be seen. And of course we took down some gaurds on the way. Until we got to the door and tech taps in to the security system. "Echo,wrecker, clear the upper level. Hunter, tech is we'll take the main Floors and below" I ordered as I began to look at the droid "you're sticking with me droid"

We went in to see gaurds there "there's two at the door" hunter said.

"I'm clocking four in the adjustment corridor" tech said.

"I'll handle them" I said "you two and omega loop back around"

"That would be impossible seeing as omega is not on this mission" tech said.

"Ah, right" I forgot that she was with sid.

Then the droid began to walk to them and we took them down until we found the senator.

"An alert has been triggered" tech said "our position has been competmised"

"Follow us" I told him as we moved to a place where no one can find us.

"If you don't mind" the senator said "please blast a hole in the wall right here"the senator asked.

"That I can do wrecker said as he blew up a wall to escape.

~~~~~~~~

We got to the ship back to the planet where we were gonna be back to cid and omega and I find omega playing a game. She won.

She noticed us and walked up to us as wrecker picks her up seeing how proud she is.

"She's a natural" cid said "I've Berber seen anything like it"

I looked at omega "I told you to keep a low profile this is the opposite"

Cid pulls me by the shoulder "ease up she-clone. Omega made enough money to pay off your deposit you all owe me, so try showing gratitude to my friend. And you're supposed to be her mother for kriff sake" she said as she goes up to the senator.

The boys followed them leaving me and omega alone.

"You really paid off our dept?" I asked her.

"I wanted to be useful, even if I couldn't go on the mission" omega said.

I turned to face her which gave me an idea "how about we put those strategy skills to the test?" I suggest sitting down to play that game "one match, if you win then no more sitting out on missions" I smiled as she agreed as she sat down "you ready for this?"

"Are you mom?" She said.

I smirked as we began to play.