Ch 326: Overestimate Yourself

Start from the beginning

Still being threatened, I see.

Lin Ye sighed in his heart, but did not show it on his face, "... You have no evidence to back you up."

"How do you know I don't?"

"Can you still take pictures at that time?" Lin Ye says, "There was no moonlight last night. Even if you did take a photo, it would definitely be hard to see who is in it."

Lin Ye looked at her blandly.

Skyfire agreed with Lin Ye.

"You are right, I did not take any photo."

Lin Ye did not show any reaction, "So-"

"But do I really need photos?" She said slowly, "You are wearing the evidence I need."

Lin Ye lowered his head and saw what she meant. He did not change what he wore last night, and his trouser legs are full of mud.

"If I want any evidence, I can just ask them about your clothes. What are you going to say? Are you going to the beach looking for seashells?" She said with a smile, "Do you think they would believe you?"

Lin Ye felt like his head started aching just by talking with her. He didn't expect Skyfire to be so difficult to deal with.

Lin Ye and his team started arranging the results from their expedition last night immediately after they went back, so he did not have time to change his clothes. Of course, it was also mainly because they didn't expect Skyfire to visit them at this time. She caught them off guard.

As Lin Ye and Skyfire were discussing, the sun slowly rose from the horizon.

"It's daybreak in less than half an hour." She looked at the sky, "Are you really not going to tell me? You will lose your chance when I go to the Ursus soldiers later."

Lin Ye turned his head and looked at the ocean. He saw the surface of the ocean faintly shining. The sun is indeed about to rise soon, and the soldiers of Ursus will come over at any time.

So, he didn't have time to waste with her now.

After thinking about it for a while, Lin Ye said, "We have a colleague, you should know about her."

"The most powerful Abyssal Hunter? I know about her," Skyfire nodded, "She didn't come with you."

"Yes," Lin Ye nodded, "Because she went to investigate alone, and she found something at the sea last night. Hence, we go over there and take a look for ourselves.

Skyfire asked, "What did you find?"

"You will know in a few days," Lin Ye said blandly, "And we will share the information later."

"That's not good enough," Skyfire crossed her arms. Her fingers are now lightly lit on flame, "I need to know now."

"You are asking too much now." Lin Ye sighed.

"Probably. If you think you can distract me with such an excuse, you are wrong." Skyfire shrugged, "And I don't know if you are telling the truth or lies. What is it that made you have to go to sea? Couldn't she just make a call or send text messages to others? I don't believe that the most powerful Abyssal hunter is some primitive person who does not know how to use a mobile phone. If what you just said is true, then there is only one possible reason why you went to the sea last night."

"Hmm?" Lin Ye raised his brow. He was curious about what she was thinking.

She said slowly, "You have found the treasure of the deep sea."

"... Really now?" Lin Ye looked at her weirdly.

"I got you, right?" She sounded a little proud of herself, "The only reason why that Abyssal Hunter called all of you late at night is that she has found hiding treasure, but she couldn't bring them back alone. So she called you. You carried some bags when you went to sea, and I saw that. In other words, you have brought back some of the treasures, right?"

Lin Ye didn't know what to say. The corners of his mouth twitched slightly "Your imagination is so wild. Heh, never judge a book by it cover then,"

"Don't underestimate me. When I was in school, I read a lot of detective fiction... and with all the evidence in front of me now, don't you even think of fooling me. Only idiots can't see through you now."

Lin Ye sighed and said, "But you really guessed wrong. We didn't find any treasure."

"Do you still deny this?" Skyfire said, "If I was wrong, why didn't that Abyssal Hunter come back with you? She must be guarding the treasure or transferring the treasure elsewhere? I see. Yes, you Rhodes Island are going to swallow the treasure all for yourself."

Lin Ye really didn't know what to say. He thought she was an extremely smart person, but now maybe he overestimated her. However, thinking about it carefully, from her point of view, there is nothing wrong with this kind of guess. Yet he just couldn't tell her about Skadi missing.

"Miss Skyfire, I have already told you that we have not found any treasures, and will not swallow any treasures alone, please believe us on that," Lin Ye said seriously.

Lin Ye didn't have the mood taking care of this mischievous young lady any longer. It will be daybreak soon. He was a little irritated now. He was really tired and wanted to end this discussion.

"We really can't say the specific reason why we went last night, but I can assure you that I will tell you if I have the opportunity later."

As he spoke, Lin Ye turned around and wanted to leave regardless of her response.

Skyfire's brows slowly frowned and her voice gradually became colder, "You really don't take me seriously."

Lin Ye stopped but didn't look back.

Woman, I am tired.

"We really didn't find anything. No treasures, no nothing. I don't even know about treasures at all. We went to sea because of a very important thing, and it has nothing to do with you, or even with everyone here. So, I also hope you don't use this to threaten us. It will be really annoying if you do. If you really want to talk to the others about this, then please be prepared for our retaliations."

After he finished speaking, he felt a heatwave coming from behind.

"Are you threatening me?"

Skyfire stared at Lin Ye's back and said slowly, "Just you?"

Her hair slowly raised up. Rain drops fell on to her body, making a boiling sound.

Lin Ye looked back at her.

Women are as scary as always.

"You don't want to fight here, do you?" He sighed, "I warn you, I am in a bad mood today. I warn you, don't mess with me."

"You overestimated yourself."

Skyfire raised her wand and said to Lin Ye, "Let me-."

She didn't finish her sentence, because in the next second, Lin Ye grabbed her hand that held her power.

"I would say the same thing to you too," Lin Ye looked at her and said slowly, "Don't overestimate yourself."

Skyfire's eyes widened. Not because Lin Ye grabbed her hand.

No.

It was because, the moment Lin Ye grabbed her hand, her body also cooled down.

Her unused Arts skills disappeared without a trace in an instant.

How can that be?!

"Or let me put this another way," Lin Ye continued blandly, "Don't underestimate me."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Chris

Edit by Jaq