Ch 211: Guns And Swords

If she wasn't looking at Lin Ye's embarrassed expression, Jessica would probably think that Lin Ye was making a joke.

It's fine buying 500 rounds of general use ammunition since it's not that hard to use them conservatively. But what's the use of buying just ten Arts bullets...

Jessica has never heard of anyone who only buys ten bullets. She feels bad for Dr Lin Ye. He had always greeted her even if she was a nervous wreck. If she had the means to do so, she would've already delivered a cart of Arts bullets to him.

Does he really have no money?

Lin Ye is a little bit embarrassed since he only bought ten bullets at a time. It's hard to make an excuse for it. But he really has no money.

The price of the Arts bullets is almost ten times more expensive than the normal ones.

Ten times!

If you can buy 500 rounds of normal ammunition, you can only buy 50 Arts ammunition.

However, Lin Ye is really sensitive to the number fifty.

Even if the Arts bullets are as good as Jessica describes them to be, fifty rounds are really too low.

And it is impossible for Lin Ye to throw away all his savings to buy bullets. He always has to keep some for emergencies.

So, let's try buying ten shots for now and use it as a secret weapon for critical moments, otherwise, it really can't be used. Ah! I wish I had endless money! Lin Ye shouts emotionally in his heart.

Jessica thought about it for a while, and then reminded Lin Ye euphemistically: "There should be no problem with 500 rounds of normal bullets, but the art ones are I think a bit harder."

"It's fine if you can't find it." Lin Ye waves his hand.

Although he was a little bit heartbroken, he still wouldn't force her."Just help me buy the 500 rounds of normal bullets. Besides, I'm not a sniper operator. Yeah, I just need a few hundred bullets to defend myself with."

This sentence seems like he's explaining his reasons to Jessica, but in fact, Lin Ye was just comforting himself.

Yeah, I am not a combat operator, just a psychologist. Why would I want such a good bullet for? No need for that. No need at all. You don't need to look badass! Stay calm! No need! Lin Ye keeps reminding himself in his heart, but his hurt expression was still seen by Jessica.

Jessica sighed slightly in her heart. If it's that little, maybe she could sacrifice some snacks to get him those bullets

"R-Right! Dr Lin! " Jessica suddenly thinks of something and turns to look at the black steel sword hanging by Lin Ye's waist, "I heard that you have outstanding sword skills."

The topic suddenly shifted from bullets to swords.

"No, no." Lin Ye shakes his head, "I'm decent enough."

"But I heard that you defeated Yato-senpai in a duel. "Lin Ye feels a bit embarrassed.

Obviously, the sudden eruption of the wave leaping strike caught Yato by surprise, but everyone thought that he had defeated her.

"That's a fluke." Lin Ye said, "I still have a long way to go to be as strong as her."

"... Actually, what I mean is, since you have good swordsmanship skills, why do you need to use a gun? Isn't that a waste?" Jessica asks Lin Ye.

Lin Ye really didn't know how to answer this question. In his past life, if someone asked him, why not practice swordsmanship. Lin Ye would definitely think that the other party was a fool for not knowing the existence of firearms.