Ch 202: The Gift

"Dogmatic Field.", Lin Ye is a little confused, "What is that?"

"It's one of Shining's abilities.", Liz says to him, "I tried to store my ability in a stone. "

Lin Ye just keeps on listening.

"I followed the method that Shining taught me to contain my Arts in a stone.", Liz says, "Don't worry. You shouldn't get infected by being near with the stone."

Lin Ye is surprised to hear Liz and couldn't help but praise her, "This is amazing, Liz."

"It's not that great.", Liz shakes her head, "It's a simple trick, that's it. Shining said that any Medic operator could do it."

"Well, I don't know how to do it, and I'm a medic operator"

"... You're just being nice to me.", Liz just gave him a shallow smile.

"Well. I think you should know that I can't use Arts since I can't be infected.", Lin Ye smiles and says

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"You won't be able to be infected?", Liz looks surprised.

"Yeah. That's what I heard from what they said to me."

"That's amazing.", Lin Ye nods,

Lin ye looks at what is in the bag and sees a black amulet in it.

"What a beautiful amulet."

"Amulet?"

Liz tilts her head, obviously, she doesn't understand what that term means. Probably there is no amulet in her culture. Fitting for a tribe that focuses more on war.

So, Lin Ye explains to her the meaning of an amulet. Liz listens quietly.

After listening, she nodded and said softly, "I understand. an amulet is something that protects people. But the stone is not the Dogmatic Field. it contains the dogmatic field"

"Huh?", Lin Ye didn't understand what that meant.

And it seems like didn't want to explain it to him.

Nightingale instead directly, shows it. She said: "Hold it."

Lin Ye follows what she said because why not.

"Like this?"

Liz nods, and says seriously, "Hold it hard, and then you will understand what the Dogmatic Field is."

Lin Ye nods and follows what she said. He slowly increases the strength in his grip around it,

Soon, the amulet has a reaction. It previously was cold, but it gradually became hotter in Lin Ye's hand.

At first, Lin Ye thought it was an illusion, thinking it was just his body temperature, but as the heat increased, Lin Ye gradually felt his hand If it was not a stone, but a cooked egg that had just been taken out of the hot pan.

He was about to ask Liz what was going on, but as soon as he raised his head to ask, the scene in front of him made him open his mouth wide.

Because suddenly something appeared, a black translucent shield like an eggshell surrounds him.

"This is...?" Lin Ye was about to ask Liz but suddenly felt that this shield was somewhat Deja vu.

He then quickly remembers, when they went to Lungmen for the first time a few months ago, they were attacked by Reunion.

After taking the medicine Kal'sit gave her, Liz briefly regained her former strength. At that time, she was able to release a white shield to Lin Ye. The shield could block the impact of a few explosions.

"Is this your power, Liz?"

Liz sighs softly, "This is a 'Dogmatic Field', and it is the power of Shining-neesan."

At this moment, Lin Ye finally understood what Nightingale meant now.

Liz actually stored her power into this stone, and he can trigger it. Him, an ordinary person!

How could this be? Lin Ye stared at Nightingale blankly.

Liz didn't know what Lin Ye was thinking she was just saying, "Shining's dogmatic standpoint is a very powerful defensive skill, which is much stronger than mine. Back then, when Shining-neesan used this, no enemy could hurt her. But my ability is insufficient, there is no way to store all the power of the Dogmatic Field, at most it can only be strong enough to hold off some attacks before completely breaking. Before the dogmatic stand is broken, no one can hurt you."

Lin Ye slowly recovers from her explanation, looking down at the black shield surrounding him. This is the power of Shining.

Even if Shining seems harmless, she was once a skilled Swordsaint. Calling her strong is like saying the sky is blue. It's just a fact. So, her skills, just think about how powerful they are.

Although Lin Ye can only exert less than one-tenth of her power in his hands, Lin Ye also believes that as long as he uses it in a crisis, he can definitely be stronger!

Lin Ye lessens his grip and the shield slowly disappears around him.

"Why did you use her skill?", Lin Ye asks Liz, "I remember you also have similar abilities, right?"

"But my ability is far inferior to Shining.", Liz shook her head and said, "The ability stored in this stone is greatly weakened. Shining-neesan is strong, so even if it is weakened, it is still superior to others, but I am different. My ability is weakened, it will be useless if I store it in that. "

"Did you make your own version?"

Liz nods, and fumbles in her pocket, and takes out another bag but it is a white cloth bag.

It's just that this cloth bag is much simpler than the black one, and it doesn't even seal at the opening, so it's obviously a half product.

"I have tried many times. But it's too weak.", Liz says, "It can't bear too much pressure."

Lin Ye raises the cloth bag in his hand. "In other words, this one is better than yours?"

Liz nods.

"Then can I...", Lin Ye hands out the bag, looked at Liz's eyes, and said with a smile,

"Have that one too?"

Liz looks at him surprisingly.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by d0d0b1rd

Edit by Jaq