Ch 260: I Have Been Saved

Lin Ye's day has just gotten a whole lot worse.

Lin Ye questioned if he was in a waking nightmare.

Lin Ye initially thought she was teasing him again, However, given how sincere her expression was when she spoke, His initial assumption was shot with doubt. His mind was filled with many questions, Lin Ye fought his way through the smoothie of emotions to try to make sense of them.

He was confused.

Still, even with his inner turmoil, Lin Ye cannot make a fool of himself in front of the God of Karlan... Even when she was the source of his headache. He mustered a reply-

"That sword contains my power" Messiah began to explain, ignoring the mental conflict Lin Ye seems to be in. She takes the sword from Lin Ye's hand, holds it in hers, and gestures with it, "Not many are worthy of wielding the power of God, but if it's you, it shouldn't be a big problem."

Her words left Lin Ye stunned, was she really giving him a God weapon? Messiah, the omnipotent being who can stop natural disasters with just a thought, was trusting him with her powers?

After being transported in this world, Lin Ye thought everything had it out for him. He always cursed his luck and the Gods, thinking them to be good for nothing puppeteers who manipulated world events and people's lives for entertainment.

He saw no point in prayers.

He had no powers other than dream-walking and the strength he gained while training.

As a result, he was extremely vulnerable in every battle. He nearly died several times and had to rely on others to save him. He was a weakling even as a side character.

But with this gift from God, He could finally be strong enough to fight, to protect and save others. His distrust of deities holds firm but, He knows that if every God wants him dead, at least Messiah would have his back.

Looking at Maple in Messiah's hand, Lin Ye feels that a new life was beckoning him. As long as he had this sword, he would become a true protagonist in his story...

"However, the energy stored inside it is limited, and once used, the energy in the knife will be depleted"

Just as Lin Ye took Maple happily, and imagined that his future destiny would change, Messiah's words were like a pot of ice water poured solidly on his forehead.

"You mean to say that... Maple can only be used once?" Lin's Ye frowned.

"I didn't say that."

"But-"

"The energy can be exhausted. However, it can also be refilled back"

"Really? How does it refill? Do I have to come back to you?"

"That's not necessary." Messiah shakes her head and says, "You just need to stand in the sun."

"Standing under the sun?" Lin Ye's expression is confused.

"Yes. Maple can replenish its energy through the sun." Messiah says with a smile, "How about it. Isn't it amazing?"

Lin Ye had no idea. What is he supposed to say? This appears to be an unscientific blade. Does it really need to charge with solar energy? Lin Ye suddenly feels as if he has nothing to look forward to in the future after learning this...

Looks like my promotion to the main protagonist was just false hope.

Lin Ye sighs in defeat.

He notices Pramanix, who hadn't spoken for a long time, was squatting in the corner.

"Pramanix? Do you have a stomachache?" Lin Ye asks her worryingly. Pramanix looks back at Lin Ye, with fearsome eyes.