Ch 320: Maple And Sanctuary

Lin Ye's sudden shooting scared the rest of the group. They turned their heads one after another, reacting to the crazed Lin Ye who was staring manically into the river alongside the remaining landing bullet shells "ding and clinking" onto the ground. Although it was only a few seconds, the gun still vibrated as it recoiled from the rapid bullet emptying, but Lin Ye still did not release his finger from the trigger, biting his lips where the blood overflowed red just like his currently bloodshot eyes.

"Doctor Lin Ye?!" Magellan who was frightened by Lin Ye's sudden commotion exclaimed, "What's wrong with you?!"

Blue Poison and Matoimaru who were in the front quickly stopped moving forward.

"Is there something in the water?!" Blue Poison who was closest to Lin Ye immediately stepped forward and pulled Lin Ye back.

Matoimaru squeezed her big sword, quickly stepping forward and slashed the water without thinking about it. The sharp blade cut the water's surface effortlessly, as well as cutting the thing under the water when suddenly a black object carried by the shockwave arrived on the edge of the path.

"What?" The thing that was on the bottom of the water looked like a pitch-black branch from a distance, but when they took a closer look, they realized that it was a severed arm.

"Is there someone in the water?" Blue Poison raised her bow and arrow, Frostleaf took her battle axe from its sheath on her back and leaned forward. Matoimaru who was closest to the river did not move. Instead, she crooked her head and simply made a "Huh" sound.

"What's the matter?" Blue Poison asked.

"There seems to be a corpse in the water... well, yes, it's a corpse."

"It's just a corpse?"

"Yes," She plunged her sword into the water again and stirred it twice. At this time, Magallan's three drones also surrounded her. She slowly raised her sword. Hanging from her blade was a body that had been floating in the river, excluding an unpleasant rancid smell with a missing arm, "Isn't this a corpse?"

Matoimaru shook the corpse while looking back at Lin Ye. Her eyes were a little confused as if to say, "The corpse scared you?"

"No! It's not this corpse!" Lin Ye still hadn't recovered yet. There was still the scene he had just seen playing in his mind. He quickly grits his teeth and said, "There are living people under the water!"

"Huh? Living people? What are you talking about?" Matoimaru said, "If there is a living person in such a shallow underground river, do you think I would not be able to see it? Don't underestimate me."

Magallan also lowered her drones. After carefully checking the bottom of the water, she shook her head and stated, "No signs of life were found."

"You are in a daze, Doctor Lin Ye" Matoimaru said with a smile, "You were just scared by the corpse. From now on you should walk behind us and please don't try to make a bad joke like this again."

Magallan tried to defend Lin Ye "I did not say that everything was alright."

Lin Ye struggled to stand up "No... I can't be wrong. I was so close to him. I could see his face so clearly."

"I said you are in a daze. If you don't believe it, don't scare yourself" Matoimaru said, "The face of this corpse has already rotted, what do you even see?".

"I said it wasn't that!" Lin Ye almost roared his words out. The not-so-wide underground cave was soon filled with his echoes, "I know that person. His name is Mephisto.

Blue Poison who was standing next to Lin Ye revealed a surprised expression "Mephisto?"

"Who is that?" Matoimaru had never heard the name before so she looked at Lin Ye in confusion, "Why did you see him in a dream?"