Ch 249: I'm a Dog

"What did you say?!!"

A teacup falls to pieces on the ground, and Galvin jumps up from his chair. He stands and points at Mephisto. His face is pale. His body is shaking: "Y-You! Y-You-!"

"Mr. Galvin." Mephisto reminds Galvin with a smile on his face, "Don't be so nervous. What you want to say, say it well. I'm listening."

Galvin steps forward to him.

"What do you want me to say!" Galvin snarls at him, "I have reminded you several times before you set off! This is a holy road! Don't make such a big commotion! ​​Just bring back the two sisters of Enciodas and kill the others!"

"We did act according to your instructions."

"Are you sure about that?! In what way?! How could you still alert the God?!"

Mephistos smiled dipped and says faintly "Isn't it because of you?"

Galvin is about to be angry "Because of me?! Are you for real?! How is it my fault?!"

"The information you gave is wrong. The male guard next to the saintess is a very powerful person, and there is also a Lupo with them."

"The male guard is Matterhorn. Originally, he was with Enciodas. I have reminded you to pay attention to him!" Galvin yells, "As for the Lupo? Are you serious? This is the Silverash clan. There is no way he would get a Lupo for a bodyguard for his sisters"

"She's not from the house of Silverash." Mephisto says, "It's an outlander who followed Enciodas 's two sisters into the snowy mountain."

Galvin is taken aback. "Outsiders? Didn't those outsiders come to Kjerag to sell souvenirs?"

"Souvenirs? Dear Mr Galvin, if your knowledge of Rhodes Island is limited to this, then it can only show that your intelligence work is really bad." Mephisto spreads his hands. "In this case, it is better to hand over the investigation and straightforward work to us from the beginning. Although Kjerag is your home court, maybe we can find out more accurate information ourselves than from you."

Galvin feels his words are like a punch to his face.

Does he know who he is talking to? He is the most powerful person in Kjerag! The biggest spokesman in the tribal council, and Enciodas's toughest enemy. But on his own turf, his partners ridiculed his intelligence work. Where can he show his face now?!

"What's the difference that the Lupo can make if they're there?" Galvin shouts again, feeling ashamed. "How many people do you have? How many people do they have? You should be able to finish the job even if they are there or not."

"Dear Mr Galvin. You seem to be mistaken." Mephisto replied, "It was not the Lupo swordsman who rescued the Silverash sisters. It was your God. The reason why I mentioned her is that she really caught us by surprise. So, I need to increase our efforts to deal with her."

When Mephisto mentioned God, Galvin's face turns pale again. he sits down paralyzed, and mutters "How is it possible? How can it be God? God never intervenes in such things. Yes, never..."

"This is another error on your part." Mephisto commented faintly, "The Holy Road is the home of God. As long as she intervenes, we will never be able to bring the Silverash Sisters back to you."

Galvin didn't want to listen to Mephisto anymore. He was still thinking about God's business because he couldn't figure it out at all. For so many years, since the establishment of Kjerag, God has not intervened in any affairs of Kjerag. Including when they massacred the Silverash clan more than ten years ago and almost wiped out the entire clan. Therefore, this time when he attacks Pramanix and Cliffheart. At best, because Pramanix was the saintess, he was more concerned about the reaction of the people. However, he did not expect God to intervene. Is this a sign of God's entry into the world?