Ch 316: Women Are Scary

When he saw the name of the caller, Lin Ye immediately thought that he was dreaming. He pinched himself to make sure he was still in the realm of the living. He felt the pain and he was still on his phone.

This is a call from Skadi?! But, how is this possible?! Didn't Kal'tsit said that they couldn't reach Skadi?

Doubts filled Lin Ye's heart at this moment.

Lin Ye wanted to connect the call instantly and ask where Skadi was and if she was fine or not.

However, his instinct still reminds Lin Ye that this call might not be that simple, and he shouldn't pick it up on this occasion.

He was standing in front of the group. The moment he took out the phone, he attracted a lot of people's attention. If he let these people know that it was Skadi calling...It would be okay if Skadi was okay. However, if something happened, then his previous efforts were all in vain.

SilverSword walked over to him.

This made Lin Ye's headache even worse. Although he knows Swire is kind enough to not bother asking him. He still needs to find a solution for this.

What should I do?

Lin Ye is using 100% of his brainpower to find a way to answer this call without getting caught. Then he remembered that his old man was a pro at getting out of situations that he did not like. Then Lin Ye remembers what he taught him.

Thanks, old man!

Soon, he had a plan. He disguised his expression to make it seem like he was bitter

"Sorry, you continue the meeting, I need to go out and pick up a phone call."

"Now?" SilverSword ask.

"... Call from my girlfriend." Lin Ye pretends to have a headache. Then smiled "bitterly" and looks at the men present, "Today is her birthday. Hey, you guys, you understand. Sorry, she has a bad temper. She'll kill me if I don't answer this call."

He should be nominated to get a Grammy for how well he's acting right now. He didn't even look suspicious at all. No! He wouldn't be nominated! He should get one without even competing! 

Swire shows a surprised expression, "A person like you still has a girlfriend?

Ouch... I can't blame you though.

"Yeah," Lin Ye says.

While holding his mobile phone, he tries to leave the house, "You continue the meeting. Don't worry about me. I'll ask my team after I am done,"

Lin Ye pats himself on the back at how good he did there. 

Lin Ye heard from his father when he was a child that there is nothing wrong with portraying an image of having a strict wife in control of one's life. It can help his old man to refuse to go to social entertainment that is not easy to refuse and get away from situations where it is difficult to get away from.

So, at this moment, Lin Ye took advantage of his father's wisdom, and successfully made the eyes of everyone present looking at him become strange.

Swire taps on Blue Poison who is standing next to her and asks in a low voice.

"Does Lin Ye really have a girlfriend?"

"Umm," Blue Poison answers slightly embarrassed, "I don't know much about it."

Matoimaru reveals an expression of interest. Frostleaf mutters "So shameless."

The men present are looking at Lin Ye like this was a joke, but they didn't stop him.