Ch 242: Messiah Part 1

He did not know what was happening, the feeling of being surrounded, the threat of being under the knife of multiple hostiles, it makes Lin Ye uneasy.

The expression on Matterhorn's face signifies that this was a dire situation

He subconsciously grabs the hilt of his sword, and at the same time, he hears dense footsteps.

"I need my weapon." Matterhorn whispers, "Don't move."

He heads for the straight the tent, after a brief period, he takes out his shield and machete that he brought with him.

"Follow me! Doctor Lin!" says Matterhorn, "Let's go find the others!"

Anxious and scared as he was, he has been in situations like this before.

Lin Ye nods and proceeds to follow him. Their tent was only a few meters away from everyone else's. They can be reached in less than a minute.

However, as the thick mist smothers them, Lin Ye feels that the distance has surged exponentially, They walked but there was no sign of the others.

Something was wrong, Lin Ye could feel it.

Matterhorn also notices this.

He then stops suddenly. Lin Ye, who was following him, was about to ask what was wrong.

His face turned to shock as he realises they were back at their own tent.

"What the hell?" Lin Ye says, "Are we walking in circles?" Matterhorn sneers, "A fighter pretending to be a ghost."

Before Lin Ye could react, Matterhorn suddenly rushed forwards. He raises his shield and blocks in front of Lin Ye's body. Soon, Lin Ye hears a muffled noise, as if something had hit the shield. Not only did Matterhorn not stagger, but instead charges forward with his shield, and his machete slams forward.

The fog is cut down.

Then came the sound of glass shattering. Lin Ye hurries forward and sees that what Matterhorn had cut down was a half-human piece of ice!

While he was busy trying to make sense of what was happening, the piece of ice broke again with a "crack". It collapsed into countless pieces, blown away by the wind.

Matterhorn once again lifted his shield and stood tall in front of Lin Ye. Followed by a series of "clang" sounds hitting the shield.

Projectiles of ice impacted the shield, this was one of the rare times that Lin Ye got to see caster arts in action, although these were weaker than the Arts used by Ifrit, Lin Ye could tell that these were still extremely dangerous

In the mist, he can't see the enemy, let alone attack them. He could only stand by as he was pummeled by ice shards, undoubtedly, if Matterhorn was not here defending him, he would already be dead.

However, the shield was not infallible. Soon, Lin Ye sees some hard ice skimming over Matterhorn's shield, tearing through Matterhorn's flesh. Lin Ye panicked, he wanted to go up and help Matterhorn, As if he was reading his mind, Matterhorn took a swig of some medicine.

The horned man roared, clenching his shield, he rushes forward into the wind and snow

Like a raging bull!

Incredibly, the wounds caused by the ice projectiles knitted themselves together and began to heal.

As Matterhorn was being battered by the onslaught of wind and ice, The medicine worked its magic to meld the new wounds shut. Through willpower and strength, Matterhorn reaches the apex of the miniature storm.