Ch 212: I Already Sign It

Orchid called Lin Ye into the office of The Recruitment Department.

"Why did you leave your office just now?" she asks, " I just sent Lappland to you."

"Well, I needed to do something private." Lin Ye vaguely says.

Then he asks, "What's wrong, what about Lappland?"

"I told her to go up and find you." she looks at Lin Ye with a hint of confusion, "Why do you sound like you're already familiar with her?"

"I met her last night." Lin Ye then remembered that he had originally planned to wait for Lappland to find his office by herself first. He even thought about what expression to use and what to say when she finally arrives.

It was just that the Vector suddenly sent by Swire had surprised him. So he had immediately left the matter behind.

"Since you have already met her, what's your first impression of her? Do you already have a general judgement in your heart?"

Lin Ye goes silent, his first thoughts were more or less the same as the medical department's inference. Her personality is straightforward, carefree, and has a tendency to resort to violence.

However, Lin Ye finally managed to form his own opinion of her.

"Her brain operates differently than ordinary people."

"Huh?" Orchid is stunned, "What do you mean by differently than ordinary people?"

"Literally." Lin Ye spread his hands,

"It just feels like her IQ would go on and off. This is mostly based on the interactions I've had with her, but if you probe closely, you can see that she can react quickly and cleverly."

Orchid thinks for a moment, and then asks Lin Ye "Do you think she pretends to act like that?"

Lin Ye denies it instantly "I don't know this. After all, I've only met her for less than a day. Maybe a full night... no, only a few hours."

"So that's it." she nods, "But you can already see so much in just one night. Your progress has already exceeded my expectations. It seems choosing you for this job was the right decision. I have already stamped her form because she has successfully completed every task we gave her. Now, the last thing she needs to become an official employee of Rhodes Island is your and Amiya's signature."

"So, do you want me to sign?"

"Of course, it's up to you. She would need your signature at the end of the month by the latest." Orchid says.

"Within this month if you determine that she does have a serious psychological problem, you can sign a word of disapproval. On the contrary, if she doesn't have any problems, you can directly approve of her registration, but you have to be responsible for her if her psychological issues start acting up."

"Of course. But I still don't understand why my signature is needed for this." Orchid frowns and taps the table lightly.

"It shows that you think she's psychologically stable. Since she will be a future operator of Rhodes Island, we have to be cautious about who we hire. It also doubles as proof for when she ends up losing control so that you would take responsibility for it."

"I understand. "Lin Ye nods,

"You have to be careful," Orchid says faintly, "Don't just sign it just because the other party is a beautiful girl."

The corners of Lin Ye's mouth twitched, "Why would I sign it because the other party is a beautiful girl? I'm still a responsible person. You treat me as if I'm dumb or something."

Orchid smiled like she was right.

Lin Ye can't believe that he was that type of person in her eyes. But how could he have such an impression? He was obviously a very decent person.

What did I do wrong?!

"I already told Lappland to go and find you," Orchid said, "You have to quickly go up and explain the situation to Lappland clearly. Once done, I'll hand over the agreement form to Amiya and since Amiya has no reason to refuse it, your signature would be the last requirement for Lappland's registration. You must be really sure of your decision, Dr. Lin"

"I see." Lin Ye acknowledged her words and turned to leave.

When he was about to walk into his office, he thought of something and turned back to Orchid.

"If I approve of her registration and she would really become an operator because of that. What kind of responsibility do I have to bear if she loses control?"

"Are you already worried?"

"It never hurts to ask."

"Honestly, I don't know." Orchid shrugs, "If that does happen, Kal'tsit would be the one who talks to you."

"I see."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

A few minutes later, Lin Ye returned to his office. Lappland, who has been sitting on the sofa while waiting, was staring at the Vector with curiosity.

When Lin Ye entered the room, he happened to catch Lappland's hand slowly moving towards the Vector. Frightened, he immediately shouted at her.
"Don't touch it!"

Lappland subconsciously withdrew her hand and turns to look at Lin Ye with dissatisfaction clearly shown on her face: "What are you being so loud for."

Lin Ye ignores her and instead, he walked over to the safe before closing it shut.

"You are so stingy. "Lappland said, "I just wanted to see it. It won't break."

"Oh, no you don't!" Of course, Lin Ye must protect his gun with his life.

Although guns are not that fragile, most races in Terra have stupidly strong strength. The chances of her accidentally breaking it by just holding it is high.

If the Vector breaks before I can even use it, I'm really going to cry to death!

"I'm not gonna touch it! I haven't even seen the gun yet." Lappland shakes her hands in disdain, she then remembers something and looks up to Lin Ye.
"Oh right. You. Quack doctor, you actually turned out to be the person in charge of the psychology room."

Lin Ye rolled his eyes: "You're the quack! I'm a psychologist, okay? I already told you that last night."

"Really?" she tilts her head, "Meh. I must've forgotten."

Lin Ye developed a small headache from talking to her. He was originally ready to talk to Lappland but now? Not so much.

"Hey, you'd better be polite to me, otherwise I'm not signing the agreement form for you."

"Form? Do you still need to do that?" Lappland happily takes out the form from her jacket, "I already got it signed!"

Lin Ye felt like he had lost a good chunk of his life expectancy.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by d0d0b1rd & NeverAnAuthor

Edit by Jaq