Ch 232: Snowflakes

This was completely different from what he expected as a protagonist.

Silverash only stayed for less than an hour before leaving with Matterhorn trailing behind him, leaving behind Sussurro, Lin Ye, Cliffheart and the butler Green.

As soon as Silverash left, Cliffheart's stiff face finally relaxed. She took her dinner plate and ran to Lin Ye's side.

"Wow! Dr. Lin, you are really amazing!" she says happily, "You can even convince my older brother."

"Um, I haven't convinced him yet. And I didn't really do anything." Lin Ye said sheepishly.

"Even so, this is more than enough for me. I really thought that I had to go back tomorrow."

Cliffheart curls her lips.

"It would be disappointing if I finally came back but can't stay for long. I wanted Matterhorn to try and convince my brother, but he wouldn't budge. He's always like that. If my brother says that we have to return, then Matterhorn would really make us return."

Before Lin Ye had time to speak, Green, the butler who was listening, coughs:

"Young Miss, Master is also doing this for your own good. Especially since we still haven't found out who deceived you all too."

"Then we can't leave yet. I won't." Cliffheart said resolutely.

"I can't let Onii-chan fight everything alone... Also, now that he is gone, I can let my sister come over for dinner."

Green understood what he needed to do and bowed before leaving.

Sussurro sighed.

"You really are daring Dr. Lin. I originally thought that we would have to sleep on the streets tonight. But that Enciodas Silverash...he really is as tough as the rumours say he is. Just from that pressure alone..."

Sussurro shivered, causing her little ears to perk up from her hair.

"The only other person who has that same aura is probably Dr. Kal'tsit."

"I can see the similarity between them." Lin Ye nods,

"Kal'tsit is like a headmistress, while Silverash is like a dominant president."

Sussurro looks at Lin Ye with some doubts.

"I can understand the serious president as Mr. Silverash is indeed the president of Karlan Trade but why is Dr. Kal'tsit a headmistress?"

Lin Ye didn't know how to explain it to Sussurro, so he could only vaguely fool her

"I just feel like it is, don't think too much about it." Sussurro didn't pry in anymore.

When Silverash left, the atmosphere in the dining hall became less tense and everyone relaxed.

"Truth be told, Onii-chan was not like this before," Cliffheart says softly,

"Ever since he returned from studying abroad, everyone began to fear and respect him because of his strength and although I understand that he has to maintain that image to suppress our enemies, it still ended up harming his relationship with Onee-chan. Even worse, the situation deteriorated as time passed."

Lin Ye can see how sad she is just by listening to her. So, Lin Ye tries to comfort her:

"Don't be too anxious, as long as both of them want to repair their relationship, there is a chance."

Cliffheart turns her head and looks at Lin Ye "How are you so sure?"

"Didn't I say it before? If your sister doesn't care for Silverash then she wouldn't have come." Lin Ye spreads his hands. "And If your brother doesn't care, he wouldn't have let us stay. Simple as that."

Cliffheart thought for a while, and it seems that this is really the case. A smile blossomed on her face.

"Yeah! That's right! Dr. Lin, you are so smart!"

"I'm not that smart." Lin Ye says modestly, "This is just the wisdom that a good psychologist should have."

"Oh." Lin Ye turns his head and sees Sussurro placing her knife and fork down while covering her mouth.

"Are you okay?"

Sussurro shakes her head but seeing Lin Ye still looking at her, she said something she didn't really want to say, "You talking smack made me bite my tongue."

"O-Oh? For a pipsqueak, you sure have a big mouth. Come here!"

Lin Ye began his 'assault' by ruffling her hair.

"H-Hey! Dr. Lin! Stop! Y-You are messing up my hair!"

She seems more comfortable talking with me now. That's good.

While both of them were busy "fighting". Cliffheart couldn't help but giggle at how silly they look. Just a few moments ago, Lin Ye was as serious as her brother but now he is acting like a complete dork.

He is just like how Onii-chan was before. Maybe he can help us. With this thought on her mind, Cliffheart continues to enjoy the fierce "battle".

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

A few moments later, Green returned and told them that Pramanix had fallen asleep and didn't want to wake up for dinner. The 3 of them quickly finished their food before retiring to bed. Aside from Lappland who had been sleeping for an entire day already, the group was tired.

Speaking of Lappland, that crazy Lupo has not returned yet which made Lin Ye worried, Lappland doesn't have a mobile phone after all which means no one could contact her if she gets lost. She can't get lost right? Her super sensitive Lupo nose can track them down and she even said that she knows the way back, so she can't be lost...right?

The Silverash estate is really big. Everyone gets their own spacious rooms and the decorations inside looked really expensive. Lin Ye emerged from his private bathroom and shivered from the cold even though he was already fully clothed. Looking outside, he was surprised to see snow falling.

Lin Ye had lived in the south for twenty years in his previous life and saw only a handful of snow in his life. So, he immediately puts on his coat and goes outside.

The cold air rushed to his face and he felt instantly refreshed. Taking a deep breath, Lin Ye could feel his mind slowly relax as he admired the expansive frozen twilight in front of him.

Although it was cold, the feeling of snowflakes falling on his skin and melting had mesmerized him enough to ignore it. He stuck his tongue out to try and 'taste' the snow but a familiar voice snapped him out of it.

"Dr. Lin... have you never seen snow before?"

Lin Ye's expression becomes stiff. He slowly turns his head to the side and sees Pramanix standing in her pyjamas. She was wearing a simple yet elegant white nightgown.

On the balcony next to him, her eyes were filled with surprise and puzzlement.

"Uh, it's not like that." Lin Ye smiled wryly, feeling a bit embarrassed after getting caught doing something immature.

"I haven't seen much snow before, so I'm a little excited."

"I see." Pramanix nodded. She raised her head to look at the falling frost.

"It's not like me, I've seen the snow for so many years that it's sad when I see one now. I really envy your excitement."

Lin Ye nod understandingly

"True, seeing the same old thing every year would be boring, but-"

Lin Ye smiled gently at Pramanix. "It's still beautiful, isn't it?"

"B-Beautiful?" Pramanix tilted her head a little and revealed a complicated smile, "Maybe it is."

The two continued to admire the winter wonderland that was slowly unfurling itself under a blanket of twilight.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by BrainNotWerk

Edit by Jaq