Ch 324: Failure

When Lin Ye triggered Creed Field with Maple, the situation was immediately reversed. The corpses who had already poked their heads out and some that hadn't poked their heads out didn't get much chance to do anything.

They were incinerated by the black fire along with the river water. As if they really still had life, they uttered harsh and piercing calls, which made the other two people[c1] horrified, but they quickly disappeared.

The Creed Field did not last long. It only lasted about ten seconds. But in such a short period of time, this underground river full of bones and carrion was "cut off" about two-thirds of its original state. They can't see a living corpse again, and even the sound of running water was cut off too.

Standing next to Lin Ye, both Matoimaru and Blue Poison witnessed what had just happened with their own eyes. The expression on their faces was full of surprise.

"This-This power is...," Blue Poison muttered, "It's incredible."

Matoimaru turned to look at Lin Ye and asked with disbelief.

"Are you really a medic?"

Lin Ye didn't answer, but only sheathed Maple back. Then, he picked up the black amulet that was divided into two.

"Frostleaf! Magallan!" He walked towards the shore while shouting both Frostleaf and Magallan's names, "Are you there?!"

But what he didn't expect was that he got a reply from the two instantly.

"What happened? How did the underground river become like this?" Magallan asked worriedly.

Frostleaf followed Magallan and saw what was in front of her. The scene changes and her expression too.

Lin Ye was stunned when he saw the two of them coming out like this.

"Wha-What's going on here?" He muttered, "Where did you go?"

"Where did we go?" Magallan didn't get what Lin Ye meant.

Matoimaru followed Lin Ye ashore.

"Isn't it a bit too much to walk away without authorization at this time?" She said, "Even if you are more senior than us, you should call us before doing anything."

Frostleaf frowned slightly, "Wasn't it you who asked the two of us to go farther away?"

Everyone is startled now.

"What the hell is going on?" Lin Ye vaguely felt that they were hypnotized again. Looking at the expressions of Lin Ye, both Frostleaf and Magallan realized that something went wrong.

Frostleaf looked at Magallan and she nudged her head to her.

Magallan nodded, and then explained what happened to Lin Ye.

"Five minutes after you got into the water, I received a command from you via my earpiece."

"Really?" He raised a brow.

"Yes," Magallan said, "Doctor Lin Ye, you told Frostleaf and I to retreat ten meters back to monitor the way we came, so as to avoid accidents when we retreat. As for your support, stepping back ten meters will not affect my control of the drone. So Frostleaf and I retreated as per your request. Until just now, my drone lost its responses. At the same time, I heard your shout ...that order was yours, right?"

Lin Ye took a deep breath and shook his head, "I have never said anything like this to you."

"Really?"

"Yes, I just ask you to use a drone to support us,"

As Lin Ye said this, he glanced behind Frostleaf.

Looking at the entrance, it is not far from here. Judging from where Lin Ye is standing now, ten meters is very close. Magallan and Frostleaf probably thought the same way, so they had no doubts about the orders from "Lin Ye". If "Lin Ye" directly asks them to leave the tunnel it must be seen on the spot.

There is nothing wrong with the ten meters from this perspective, but for the three people in the middle of the river, it is a big problem. Regarding the angle, Lin Ye and the others that went into the river can't see Magallan and Frostleaf, who were ten meters behind, and would naturally think something wrong happened to them.

"Did you not hear us talking to you at all?" Blue Poison asks," We have been talking since we got into the water. If Doctor Lin Ye left any message to you alone, it would be impossible for you to not feel it."

Magallan shook her head.

"I didn't hear any of you. In our opinion, you have been walking forward and been very quiet after you all got into the water. When Doctor Lin Ye spoke with me, I could still see him standing in the middle of the river waving to me, so I backed up with Frostleaf."

The trio who went into the water exchanged glances, and they all understood what had happened. Magallan and Frostleaf are not stupid, they also realize something.

"Dammit," Frostleaf crossed her arms and said coldly, "Were we hypnotized again?"

"It's the only thing that would make sense," Blue Poison nodded, "I have been behind Doctor Lin Ye all the time. I haven't heard him saying anything like that to you, nor have I seen him waving at anyone."

"I see," Magallan then shows a confused face, "...... But, hasn't the previous spell been cancelled by Doctor Lin Ye?"

"None of us found the source of the spell or the caster. How could it be cancelled?" Blue Poison said softly," This is indeed a very powerful technique, the most powerful I have never experienced. If you are not cautious, you will be caught. For our own safety, I don't think each of us should be separated by more than three meters."

Blue Poison's words made Lin Ye feel a little uncomfortable,

We didn't find the source of the spell or the caster?

That means, they are probably being stared at by someone all this time.

Or something.

Thinking of this, he felt a little chill on his back.

"... And everyone," Magallan said in a low voice, "Although I don't know what you did, my drone seems to be damaged."

Lin Ye came back to his senses, "Damaged?"

"Yes. All three drones have lost signals." Magallan sighed, looking a little sad, "Things happened too fast, I can't withdraw them in time."

Lin Ye's mouth twitched slightly because Magallan's drones were a very important thing to prevent anything bad happen to them unexpectedly. He may have straight up broken all of them. It may not be accurate to say that he destroyed them all, but they must be affected by Creed Field.

"Are all your drones down right now, Magallan?" Lin Ye asks.

"No. I have two more, but they are still in the town."

Lin Ye pondered for a while, and then sighed.

"Let's head back."

"Go back?"

"Well, our time is almost out. We will definitely not be able to find Skadi tonight," Although Lin Ye was a little bit frustrated, he did not show it, but said in a calm tone, "And without the drones, it would be too dangerous to continue exploring. We'd better wait for the soldiers from Ursus's to come together with us."

There is another thing that Lin Ye didn't say.

Maple: Creed Field is the strongest move that Lin Ye can use right now. However, it can only be used once, and he had used it in this place.

Not only did he not find Skadi, but also destroyed Magellan's drones. The plan was ruined, and no useful information was even obtained.

Lin Ye hides his knuckles in his pocket. His grip tightened in it.

What a failure I am.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Chris

Edit be Jaq