Ch 274: Saint Of Karlan

Lin Ye did not know if he should be surprised or not, Irene rejected Silverash's condition with a shake of her head.

Lin Ye remembered how Irene refused Pramanix's offer before. Lin Ye admired Irene's stubbornness even though it was getting annoying.

The group was confused as it was clear that the Aiben family wanted Irene dead. Why was she still loyal to them?

Silverash stares at Irene, and then slowly says, "Are you suspecting that we are deceiving you? Do you think the two killers outside were not sent by the Aiben family?"

Irene shakes her head.

"Then why are you still defending him like this?" He asks, "Just because Galvin Aiben bought you from the slave trader?"

Irene is silent for a while then nods slowly.

"So what? You just passed from one slave owner to another slave owner." Silverash says coldly, "Do you think Galvin Aiben views you as a person? No. He sees you as a tool, maybe not even a slave."

Irene didn't respond. She just hugs her legs and lowers her head, not daring to look at anyone.

"Little cat, this is Kjerag. There are no slaves here," Silverash continues, "You have the right to be free, and you have a chance to change your own destiny. You only need to say one sentence... Oh, you can't speak. then I only need you to write a line. Just write down that line. You can live in the sun forever free."

Irene still has no response, and Silverash's patience has finally reached its limit.

He leaned on his cane to stand up. Then he looks at Irene condescendingly.

"I think you may not be involved in his affair, so to tell you the truth, I don't value your information. Because 80% of it is meaningless to me. The fate of Galvin Aiben has been determined already. Now, the meeting of the clans in 3 days will be the last, even if you help him hide his secret. Even if you are willing to give your life, I will cut off his head by myself." He responds coldly.

"And the reason why I am willing to give you this opportunity is purely because I appreciate your loyalty and the importance that Dr. Lin has placed on you. Otherwise, your life has no meaning to me," Silverash said this with great force.

"So, I will ask you one last time." He continues, "What is your choice?"

There is only silence in the tent. Lin Ye, Pramanix, and Cliffheart all look at Irene with rather nervous eyes, waiting for her decision and answer. They didn't want to see such a girl getting hurt to foolishly protect the scum who wanted to take her life.

Lin Ye tried communicating with her telepathically.

Just nod!

But it was no use, he did not conveniently get mind powers.

They could only wait for her response.

Irene clutches her sleeves tightly, and then firmly and slowly shakes her head to show her answer.

"It seems that this is your answer." Silverash's tone is very flat, and any emotion can't be heard in it, "How fortunate for me, I did not want to take you in, having an Aiben near me would be extremely foolish. I hope you don't die here, I'd rather not see your rotting body in a trashcan when I leave the house."

Irene remains still.

As Silverash was about to leave, he turned his head to Irene, "Now that I've met you, I can see why so many Felines are enslaved"

After that, Silverash walks out of the tent, and the remaining people exchange looks, but they don't know what to say.

Cliffheart breaks the silence. She scratched her head and said, "I think you should think about it. My brother's offer is still up.