Ch 286: You Can't Hide!

A pure silver light sword slashes down two mighty trees. Faust, who was hiding, quickly retreated to avoid being caught up in the attack. The trees behind him were obliterated.

He raises his crossbow to Lappland, who is not far away and fires off three arrows in a row. They didn't seem to do much damage. He can only slow Lappland down a little.

This bought him enough time to blend into the woods. Faust finally realises that Lappland is his most challenging adversary. Her keen sense of smell can pinpoint his location incredibly accurately.

Faust has assassinated many Lupos, but none of them could so easily locate him with smell alone. But Lappland is capable of doing so. He must devise a strategy for dealing with her. However, it does not bode well for him.

Lappland deflected almost all of his attacks, and her attacks are like homing missiles. He'll be destroyed if she gets too close to him. But he is not without hope.

Faust noticed that her body was injured, which he had caused only an hour before. And it is because of these injuries that Lappland is unable to fight at full strength, but his overall health is excellent.

Lappland can only detect an area where Faust and attack in that direction. And her attacks are unavoidable. they home in on him like two predators hunting their prey. However, with how injured she is, she is slowly getting tired.

They are both in a life-or-death situation; one small misstep by either of them will be their last.

Especially Faust because in his plan with Mephisto. Both of them are needed to deal with Matterhorn, but he is entangled here by Lappland.

The earth shook with great intensity and Faust nearly lost his balance.

He turns his head abruptly and sees huge ice pillars rising from the house of SilverAsh's house.

The bomb has already detonated  Faust thought.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Maple comes to a halt just twenty centimetres from Mephisto's eyes.

This is due to the sudden appearance of a thicker ice wall between Lin Ye and him. Although, with Maple's sharpness, it should be simple to cut through this ice wall. But Lin Ye's current state makes it impossible for him to do so.

Even if he doesn't use Wave Leaping Wave Strike, with the sharpness of Maple, it could easily slice through the ice and the smug face of Mephisto.

Lin Ye looks around and notices two casters dressed in long robes and wearing white masks appear behind Mephisto. They are dressed in the same clothes as those who attacked him on the holy road. Mephisto would have been doomed if they hadn't used the Ice.

"Impossible...." Mephisto retreats suddenly, and then yells at Lin Ye, "Impossible?!"

Lin Ye can understand what is happening to Mephisto. After all, he would enter his dream every night this week. Special dreams for Mephisto, he would torture him again and again in the dream, and eventually became Mephisto's ghost.

From the thick dark circles under Mephisto's eyes, he can tell how bad his sleep this week was. After all, as long as he closes his eyes, he can see a strangely dressed person walking out of a dark alley, with a broken corpse behind his back, and in his hand are old scissors with rusty edges...

He feels that he is about to be driven into madness. Although he himself is a madman, he can be driven into madness and break down. He recalls the agony he felt in his dream. As a result, when Lin Ye said those words, Mephisto lost all confidence in an instant, as if dragged back to that dream and turned back to that weak kid.

The sound of scissors snipping can be heard in his ears.

"Who are you!" Mephisto shouts at Lin Ye.

The once confident Mephisto turned hysterical.

When a person's personal psychological defences are destroyed, the entire person collapses. Lin Ye believes that Mephisto is on the verge of collapsing and that he only needs to add fire to completely bury him.

But Mephisto did not give him this chance. He realised this was not a dream, so he stretches out his hand, points to Lin Ye, and yells in a trembling voice.

"Kill him! I said kill him!"

Lin Ye is immediately attacked by the two casters standing behind him.

Lin Ye wanted to flee, but he's stuck with his blade right now, there is no way out.

As a result, he must play his final trump card.

He grabs a white amulet on his waist. Ice projectiles raced towards his head, a pure white shield enveloped him and spread out. The ice projectiles shattered on contact with the shield, and the same was true for the ice that was frozen around him.

Sanctuary.

Thanks, Liz.

With the power of his little white devil, all arts attacks were nullified within the shield.

Lin Ye clings to Maple once more. He stares at Mephisto, knowing that this is his last chance. Liz's Sanctuary can't last forever. He must sever Mephisto's head before the shield breaks. There will be no more chances after this. But he's too exhausted.

*Ding*

A ding can be heard in his ears.

This... the holy bell?!

When the bell rang, Lin Ye felt a wave of power gushing out of him and was about to be blown away.

It's the holy bell! This is Pramanix's Arts!

Then he notices that something is changing in Maple.

He lowers his gaze to it.

The crimson blade was covered by a glow, and the blade turned pure white. Lin Ye had no idea why. But he doesn't have time to ponder it. He rushes towards Mephisto while hearing this voice in his ear.

"Mephisto!" Lin Ye shouts in the tone of his dream, "You can't hide from me!"

In Mephisto's eyes, Lin Ye's figure is quickly enlarged, as if he was in a dream. And that murderer was approaching him, step by step.

"Don't come near me!"

Mephisto finally broke down completely, and he keeps backing away.

He wanted to escape, and the casters standing beside him also created several ice walls in a row to try to stop Lin Ye.

But they couldn't stop him this time. They couldn't compete with Maple no matter how hard they tried.

When Lin Ye swings his blade down, an ice wall will fall. Mephisto tries to avoid Lin Ye's attack, but he fails. Lin Ye stabs Maple into Mephisto's left shoulder.

Lin Ye cuts it off easily as if it were tofu.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Mephisto cries out in pain.

Maple stabs into the ground, and the white light spreads rapidly around him. "Sanctuary" is expanding to the entire SilverAsh's house. The casters attempted to summon their Arts but to no avail.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq