Ch 276: A Harmless Sword

Lappland did not expect Lin Ye to actually attempt cutting himself, When Lin Ye came out of the experiment unscathed, her eyes boggled at the nonsensity.

How is this possible!

Lappland had fought against Messiah before. Knowing the sharpness of Maple from personal experience. That sword can easily cut off a limb like it was butter. So, she thought that Lin Ye was faking it.

Sure enough, I can't hurt myself. Then, it's time for the next experiment, Lin Ye concluded

Lin Ye hasn't used Maple to injure anyone. The only time he used Maple was in a battle. It was used to cleave the enemy's sword in twine, but he did not actually harm his opponent with Maple. He was unable to determine how strong Maple was against people.

What is the possibility that this sword doesn't actually harm people? I wouldn't put it past that mischievous God to put such a drawback on it.

"So..." Lin Ye raised the sword, eagerly at her, "Where do you want me to cut you?"

"Huh?" Lappland sneered.

"Have you forgotten what you just said? You said I had to try it on myself first, well... you've seen it happen so it's your turn now."

Lappland's kissed her teeth, she realized she had said that earlier.

However, looking at Lin Ye, who looks like he wanted to hack her to bits, and thinking of the scene when Messiah used this sword to fight her, Lappland is regretting what she said.

Hey, it's not like she survived these many years by following a code of honor, reputation and chivalry is overrated in her eyes.

Lin Ye sensed that Lappland was about to deny his request, and said, "It's not like I can actually hurt you, just a gentle slice, a powerful and almighty warrior like yourself should handle this just fine."

Powerful and almighty?

Lappland's ears perked up. An action not missed by Lin Ye.

So, he continues to persuade her, "Think about it, this is the blade of God. How many people in the world dare to take the blade of God head-on? After that, you can tell others that even the blade of God can't hurt you. Can anyone else claim this feat?"

Lappland seems to be more eager now, "... You're right." She flicks her tail quickly. "I will be able to do something that Texas can't!"

"Yep!" Lin Ye nods fervently, "If Texas can't even do it then how can she ever be compared to you?"

"Oh! Come on!" Lappland rolls up her sleeve and stretches out her hand, "Let me see how sharp the blade of God is!"

Lin Ye feels a twinge of guilt in his heart as he watches the Lupo eagerly extend her arm.

Am I manipulating an idiot?

Lin Ye slowly raises Maple again, Lappland seems to snap out her daydream.

She subconsciously shrinks her arm away, and then watches Lin Ye vigilantly, "Why do I feel that you are fooling me?"

"Me? Fooling you?" Lin Ye says without changing his face, "Will a smart person like you be fooled by a quack doctor like me?"

He lied as naturally as he breathed.

Lappland thought about it. It seems that it is true. After all, she is much smarter than Lin Ye.

"Alright, I'll cooperate," Lappland says, "But you better not chop off my hand!"

"Of course not. What kind of person do you think I am?" Lin Ye says speechless, "I'm not so wicked", he says nonchalantly.