Ghost Kisses (Review Forty-Three)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Ghost Kisses
By: LacedWithGold

Reviewer: HerbalIkea

-

Cover/Title: 8/10

- The cover is simple and goes well with the book. The picture accurately depicts what will happen in the book. Your title is creative and intriguing.

-

Blurb: 10/10

- I was pulled in right away! You did a fantastic job telling just enough information to get us hooked, but also leave us hanging.

-

First Chapter: 7/10

- It satisfied my first hunger, and set up the gist of the book. I liked the amount of detail you used, it put everything in perspective and we could feel the emotions along with Mauve, which helps to get your readers attached.

-

Grammar/Punctuation: 9/10

- You use quotation marks correctly! And I also noticed a very consistent ability to punctuate. There were just little mistakes here and there.

-

Vocabulary: 8/10

- You are fantastic at letting us feel Mauves emotions through words. Although, some words were more complex then some people might like. Such as words they don't understand right away.

-

Plot/Pacing: 7/10

- This is a creative plot with much promise. I think the pacing is pretty good, although it fluctuates too much for my taste; sometimes it's very fast, which I understand through insignificant scenes, but there were also unnecessarily slow paced scenes.

-

Characters/character development: 7/10

- I felt instantly in Mauves shoes. You excellently described her. Although, I didn't feel as though she had much depth just yet. This is probably due to the small amount of chapters so far.

-

Originality: 9/10

- I haven't seen many books with this plot line. I can see your personality shining through it.

-

World Building: 8/10

- You use lots of adjectives that help the reader see the hospital room form around them. It's easy to imagine Mauves world and home.

-

Imagery: 8/10

- Like world building, you excel at describing things. The only problem I had with this is some moments, I could only hear Mauves thoughts rather than know where she is.

-

Overall: 8/10

- You are off to a great start! Your book is filled with descriptive words and fantastic storytelling. My biggest piece of advice to you would be to work on your characters, and also on grammar. Overall, I really enjoyed this story! You've got a great idea here!

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?