Ushejhiki's Witness (Review Fifteen)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Ushejhiki's Witness
By idongludoh

Reviewer: Tumi771

Cover/Title: 8/10

- Both title and cover are amazing. I loved them, and feel it goes well with the contents of the book.

-

Blurb: 8/10

- The blurb was intriguing. It was a trip to the past, 302 years before so that allows the first chapter to flow.

-

First Chapter: 9/10

- It was very clear and nicely written. The blurb brought us to the past, while chapter one brung is to the present. It kept me wanting more.

-

Grammar/Punctuation: 10/10

- It was well written. I didn't find any errors.

-

Plot/Placing 9/10

- The plot was amazing. Usejhiki is a place with 4 main clans(Oseki, Izeh, Elheji and Usop clans). They broke through their differences and came up with a plan to be unified. In need of a witness for the unification, they used a slave girl and sanctified her to all the Gods and set her apart. Although they had to sacrifice a slave every year for her, they could not go through with it because of the hardships that followed. Eventually, they had to desanctify her, welded her essence into 4 keys that they used to lock her away.

- Nothing about the book was predictable. When four people from the 4 clans( Fegas, Nko, Enechi and Shekhayi) plans didn't work, they turned on each other and only 2 from the 4 survived.

-

Characters: 8/10

- The characters were well represented. Each character had their own role and you did an excellent job of introducing them on the first chapter. Their Clans on the other chapters:

Oseki- of the Osekoni(Fegas)

Izeh-Izecha(Enechi)

Elheji-Elhiji (Shekhayi)

Usop-Usobo(Nko, Oko and Meko)

- Their roles are unique and you get to see them. I absolutely didn't like Enechi, he was greedy and only put himself first. Fortunately, every action has a consequence and we see that with him.

-

Originality: 9/10

- It's very original and not predictable. I really enjoyed it.

-

World Building: 8/10

- Well presented and the descriptions are well enough to make the reader feel like they are indeed part of the story. Thankfully it has a sequel...amazing work!

-

Imagery: 9/10

- Very well presented. I felt like I was part of them every time there were fight scenes. I felt like I was right there witnessing all of it. You took me on a nice journey and I really enjoyed it. There's a scene when the 3 sisters( triplets) and their mother free the witness and she kills their mother while they manage to escape.

- It doesn't end there, the journey continues when the 2 sisters get killed too, leaving Nko only. Enechi gets driven by greed and turns Nko into a witness but she ends up killing the original witness. Shekhayi and Enechi leave Fegas because unlike the other two, he was nicer and disagreed with Enechis plans.

-

Overall: Amazing book! I have no doubt that people will enjoy it as much as I did!

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?