King Eden (Review Seventeen)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

King Eden
By RowanCarver

Reviewer: The_Scarlet_Writer

Cover/title: 8/10

- Some might find the title to be simple, but honestly I find it intriguing.
For me personally, I'm not a big fan of the cover, but it's not bad either. So good job on both.

-

Blurb: 9/10

- I really love the blurb! It was written adequately, showing the perfect amount of information to make us interested in reading your book.

-

First chapter: 10/10

- I just need to say something before starting with the first chapter: The prologue was beautiful.
The opening line is brilliant.
Actually, this whole chapter was brilliant. We got to get a glimpse of our main character and their world. Never mind that your writing is impeccable.

-

Grammar/punctuation: 9/10

- Two words: Amazing grammar.

-

Vocabulary: 8/10

- Your descriptions are really lovely.
Although, I've got to admit that at some point, when you were describing their mutations, I got confused and had to re-read it to understand it.

-

Plot/Pacing: 9/10

- The pacing is really good and on point.
What I love about the plot is that you gave us the time to understand Eden's character, life on Earth and the relationship with the Martians before the action really starts (What I mean by this is Eli's kidnapping).
I also admire that you've got unexpected plot twists from the very start.

-

Characters/character development: 9/10

- You portray your characters very clearly and smoothly.
Apparently, Eden is a strong, brave woman, and you really did her justice; it showed in her actions, the way she speaks and thinks.

-

Originality: 10/10

- As far as originality goes, you set the bar high lol. Everything from the Martians to the mutations is incredibly creative.

World building: 9/10

- You got this one in the pocket too. While reading I felt like I was in an alternative dimension, everything was so new and alien.

-

Imagery: 8/10

- The vivid description, the creativity and the smooth plot really helped me imagine the scenes.
You might be wondering, then why put an 8? Well, to be honest, even though I was able to understand the mutation thing, it was still hard for me to imagine it. 

-

Overall: Great job and good luck!

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?