Between The Stars (Review Forty)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Between The Stars
By: Rainbow_Indigo02

Reviewer: The_Scarlet_Writer

Cover/Title: 9/10

- The cover is very cute and I like the way you designed the title on it.

- The title is also great and I found it pretty interesting.

-

Blurb: 9/10

- Oh wow, good job on the blurb! I always seem to find writing one a challenging process and I admire writers who create such a good one.

-

First Chapter: 10/10

- I loved the first chapter; it was such a good way to start the book without any fault to point at. Further remarks will be discussed in the rest of the review.

-

Grammar/Punctuation: 10/10

- Nothing to comment on here, good job.

-

Vocabulary: 10/10

- It's clear that you have a varied vocabulary, and it has come in handy for your descriptions; they are amazing! You set the scene with them perfectly, giving us a clear image of what's happening.

-

Plot/Pacing: 9/10

- The pacing is good, and thank god it's not too slow or I'd go crazy from excitement. The plot is smooth too. We immediately dived in the action, but not before setting up an introduction to the story.

-

Character/Character development: 10/10

- From the start, I was touched by Lacuna and the tough life she has. The way you introduce your characters is very nice (you make it look easy), even the ones who are dead (such as her mum and sisters) left an impact on both me and the story.

-

Originality: 9/10

- I've seen stories with a similar idea in general, but honestly there was not a second where any of your plot felt familiar, which is amazing.

-

World Building: 10/10

- You really deserve a 10 for this! While I was reading, I genuinely felt myself get transported into your world. I think there are many factors that contributed to this, such as talent, good descriptions, including details without overwhelming us.

-

Imagery: 10/10

- I made it obvious that imagining everything was very easy and it made my reading experience a hundred times better.

-

Overall: I think your book has a lot of potential, keen writing it till the end.

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?