Villains Don't Get Happy Endings (Review Thirty-Nine)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Villains Don't Get Happy Endings
By: Celine107_

Reviewer: SilentLover0224

-

Title/Cover: 10/10

- Very mysterious but definitely intriguing.

-

Blurb: 7/10

- A bit confusing as it repeats, but again, it hooks readers interest.

-

First Chapter: 10/10

- Very well written! So much detail and a touch of suspense. Especially when she jumped off the cliff.

-

Grammar/Punctuation: 9/10

- Some minor mistakes, but overall, really good.

-

Vocabulary: 8/10

- Plain and words, but were used creatively.

-

Plot/Pacing: 9/10

- Although you can find the difficult and confusing pace intimidating, I still find it a bit easy to follow.

-

Character/Character Development: 8/10

- Some of the characters are hard to gauge and some could use a background chapter prior to the story. Maybe you could explain why Adria and that one man have so many problems.

Originality: 10/10

- Very creative and well thought out.

-

World Building: 10/10

- Each word was used correctly, and very creatively.

-

Imagery: 9/10

- You used so many descriptions, and the book was easy to follow. I would say do less telling, for example: "Her hands were white as snow, and her cheeks were red." Instead you can say: "She was in shock from the cold, her hands warped in numbness."

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?