Playing With Fire (Review Twenty-Eight)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Playing with fire
By june-writes

Reviewer: The_Scarlet_Writer

-

Cover/title: 10/10

- The cover is really beautiful and goes along well with the title.
- Speaking of the title, it might be not that creative but honestly it's very catchy.

-

Blurb: 9/10

- I think it's interesting the way you introduced the main characters and the story's idea is pretty intriguing too.

-

First chapter: 9/10

- This was an amazing start.

- I love the way they met and the interaction between them; it's pretty intense.

- You also know how to get a reader hooked to your story, I'm very excited to keep on reading.

-

Grammar/punctuation: 9/10

- I found no problem with this topic. You got this!

-

Vocabulary: 10/10

- I actually love the vocabulary you've chosen in your story.

- I admire your writing style, it's very smooth.

- The descriptions are on point; perfect to set the scene without boring the reader with useless details.

-

Plot/Pacing: 8/10

- For the most part, the pacing was good and the plot was exciting.

- Although him confessing that he liked her so soon didn't sit right with me, I'm glad she didn't reciprocate his feelings immediately.

-

Characters/character development: 10/10

- This is usually a tough one, but you did amazing.
- Since I've read Ember's pov so far, it was easy to relate to her, and you still managed to get us to relate to Theo too.
I really like Wednesday, her personality reminds me of a friend of mine.

Originality: 9/10

- It sure is an original story; all the supernatural elements give it a nice twist.

-

World building: 9/10

- I feel like you were able to pull off building another version of our real world and allowed us to immerse ourselves in it.

Imagery: 8/10

- In general, imagining the scenes was fun and easy to do, although, at some points you kind of lost me.

-

Overall: I really enjoyed it! Keep going.

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?