Whisper Of Blade (Review Forty-One)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Whisper Of Blade
By: MiyaHikari

Reviewer: The_Scarlet_Writer

-

Cover/Title: 9/10

- The cover is very unique and eye-catching; I like it.

- The title is also intriguing and not very common.

-

Blurb: 9/10

- You did a great job on the blurb; you gave out as many details as possible to attract us and to give us a quick resume but not enough to overdo it.

-

First Chapter: 9/10

- I found this chapter really good, and I love your writing style already! I'll delve deeper in the rest of the review.

-

Grammar/Punctuation: 10/10

- Perfect grammar :)

-

Vocabulary: 10/10

- I found your vocabulary to be varied and properly chosen. Your descriptions are absolutely beautiful and they seem to help the scenes come to life.

-

Plot/Pacing: 8/10

- The plot is great so far, although a tad overwhelming; there are a lot of things I need to remember which can be annoying at first (but at the same time, this is very understandable since you need to give us the details of this new world we'll become part of)

-

Character/Character Development: 9/10

- You've done a good job on the characters; I seem to be able to connect to all of them since the moment you introduce them, thanks to the details you have included for their reactions, moves and words.

-

Originality: 10/10

- It's my first time reading something like this, and I was pretty surprised by the whole story (in a good way lol).

-

World Building: 8/10

- I think you did a good job here: you successfully built a new world from scratch, with new names, new rules... etc. I know it's hard, but I do suggest working on introducing your world in a smoother way, just so your readers don't get overwhelmed.

Imagery: 9/10

- I loved imagining the scenes, especially with all these new weird stuff you've created. Plus, your descriptions really helped too.

Overall: Very good book, and keep going xx

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?