Finding Them (Review Thirty)

Remember that the point of this review is to guide you to improvement. If you have any questions, do not before afraid to talk to your reviewer or to @ericson119. We are here to help you, not review your book and simply move on to the next one.

Finding Them
By: savvysoul_37

Reviewer: The_Scarlet_Writer

-

Cover/title: 9/10

- At first glance, the title is interesting; it kind of gives off some mysterious vibes.

- I think the cover is really pretty, very aesthetic too.

-

Blurb: 8/10

- I think it's nice and it made me curious to find out more about Ira.

- Although, I think you've got a little typing mistake in there: "is in love with an imaginary and has a lost sister".

- There should be a noun of some sort after "imaginary".

-

First chapter: 8/10

- At first, I felt a little off reading her introduction, but when we got to her "lost" sister, it was very intriguing. I'd say it was a nice first chapter!

-

Grammar/punctuation: 9/10

- Overall, nice job!
You got a little bit of a typing mistake in the beginning of chapter 5: it's written in Ira's pov, but in a couple of places you wrote "Ira" instead of "I, me".

-

Vocabulary: 8/10

- I think your vocabulary is nice, and always relative to the subject. Great job, it's a tough one.

-

Plot/Pacing: 9/10

- Switching pov's so many times in a single chapter was a bit too much for me. I'd advise you to stick to one or two.

- I was waiting anxiously for any mention of her imaginary love, and dang it was so good. I loved the idea around him.

- I like that you didn't let go of the fact that Brandon had seemed fishy, but instead you mentioned the pills he was taking and linked it to the plot. Nice!

-

Characters/character development: 8/10

- I think it was nice connecting with the characters, with each of them getting some little bit of spotlight so that we can get to know them. I feel it can be a tad better if you include more of their reactions, even if just briefly.

-

Originality: 8/10

- I found the whole thing original so far, and I hope you continue down that path.

-

World building: 8/10

- You story is based in the real world, but you managed to give it a twist and make it your own.

-

Imagery: 8/10

- In some places, imagining everything was pretty smooth! But in others, I feel as if maybe you should work a little more on setting the scenes.

-

Overall: I'm curious to see what happens next tbh, and keep going xx.

-

Questions for the author:

- What do you think of the review? Did it help you improve?

- What kind of story are you going for? Tell us so we can understand you.

- What do you enjoy about writing? Tell us how it makes you feel.

- What is your writing process like?