04 | 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒

Start from the beginning

He chuckled and shifted his head slightly to look at her, quickly flashing his red eyes before lying back down. "I think we're both already far from normal, don't you Maximoff?" He said pointing to his eyes.

"Good point." She lowered herself to the ground and laid beside him.

"Besides." Carson kept his gaze focused on the sky, while Wanda turned her head to look at him as he spoke up. "Normal is boring anyway."

Wanda smiled then turned her head to look up at the sky, her eyes bouncing from star to star. A silence fell between the two however it wasn't awkward, it was a comfortable one. None of them felt pressured to talk, they didn't need to. This moment spoke for itself.

After a few minutes Wanda raised her arm and pointed to a star in the sky in excitement. "Look, look, it's Vega."

Carson looked over to where Wanda was pointing and chuckled at how giddy she became all of a sudden.

"That one?" He pointed.

Wanda's reached over and took a hold of Carson's outstretched arm and moved it to the correct position, as he was pointing to a completely different one. "No, That one."

His confused expressions relaxed once he spotted the star Wanda was talking about. "Ah right."

"You see it now?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah... I think." He replied, glancing at Wanda after he heard her let out a soft chuckle. "How can you even tell them apart? They all look the same to me." He scrunched his brows in confusion after losing sight of the star.

"It's because you're not looking." She shrugged.

"Oh I'm pretty sure I'm looking wi-"

"No, idiot." Wanda playfully nudged him. "You're looking, but you're not looking."

"Right.. elaborate on that Maximoff." Carson sat up slightly, propping himself up with his arms.

"Okay, so." Wanda began, mirroring Carson's position. "If you look at it closely, it's so much brighter compared to the other stars. And it kinda has this almost blue tint but the others don't, well not as much as Vega..." She trailed off while looking up and pointing at the star so Carson knew where to look.

But he wasn't looking at the star. He was looking at her.

"And then if you-" Wanda turned to look at Carson, raising her eyebrows when she found him already looking at her. "You aren't even looking!" She huffed.

Carson rubbed his lips together in amusement, letting out an airy chuckle. "I am, I am." He looked away from Wanda and back at the Star. "See, it's the blue one."

Wanda reached over with her hand and gripped Carson's chin, moving his head to look in the right direction once again. "Blue tint, actually." She teased before gently removing her hand and lying back down on the ground like she did earlier.

"Alright Ms astrology expert..." Carson started, a smirk appearing on his face. "What's that one then." He pointed at a random star.

Wanda squinted and then tilted her head to the side as she studied the star he was pointing at, making sure to get a good look at it before answering. "I'm pretty sure that's Lyrae. That's actually a double star, you know?" She stated proudly.

"Hmm alright, alright, what about.... that one." He pointed to another.

"Albireo."

"And... that one?"

"Deneb."

"How the hell-"

"I just know a lot about stars." Wanda shrugged.