Chapter 19 - The Avenger's Map

Start from the beginning

I Gibb's head slap him for waking me up and follow him out into the physician chambers where we see Gaius working.

"Gaius," The raven haired roommate murmurs.

"Can't sleep?" The white haired man questions, seeing a disheveled warlock and pissed off, grumpy witch. I have an angry expression etched on my face and a blanket wrapped around me.

"Something woke me."

"Someone woke me," I mutter, glaring at the sorcerer.

"What?" The old man asks.

"I don't know. A feeling." Merl answers.

"What kind of feeling?"

"Powerful magic, here, in Camelot."

The door opens, revealing a Guinevere rushing in.

"Gwen?" I furrow my brows, still very much sleepy, "What's up?"

"My Father's been arrested," She says in a hurry.

"Arrested? For what?" I question, wrapping my arms and blanket around the shaken girl.

"They say he was making weapons for a sorcerer! They're charging him with treason!"

"No, I know your Dad Gwen, he won't do that. Knowingly at least," I defend.

We all head down to the dungeons to see Gwen's Father behind bars. They have a conversation about happiness I think.

'Gwen is awesome,' I think.

She walks over to our little group, consisting of Gaius, Merlin and I.

"What did he say?" Merlin asks.

"He said Tauren came to him at the forge, offered to pay him a fortune for his help, not to make weapons, for an experiment or something," She informs us, playing with her fingers.

"Experiment?" I clarify, creasing my brows.

"Tauren didn't say," Gwen says as she shakes her head, "But he used some kind of stone-- some kind of magic--" Gaius, Merlin and I all share glances at this new found information.

"Thanks for telling us, Gwen. Let's walk back to our room," I offer. I wrap my arms around her shoulders with my blanket covering us both. I lead her up where I help her down on my bed, covering her with a blanket. Not the one wrapped around me, but another one that I have. Big difference. I love Gwen, but not enough to give up my blanket.

I walk down from our room to where Gaius and Merlin are waiting for me, "She's sleeping."

"I don't understand it. Wat would a sorcerer want from Tom?" The raven haired warlock inquires.

"His forge, Merlin. It's the finest in the kingdom," Gaius reminds him.

"You think Tom was lying? You think he really was making weapons?"

"No, I don't," The old man says confidently.

"Then what?" I ask.

A few tense moments pass before Gaius finally answers, "When Tom was arrested, they found gold on him."

"So?" I say.

"And from what Gwen was saying, Tauren's experiment bears all the hallmarks of alchemy?"

"But alchemy's impossible, isn't it?" Merlin trails off.

"It's not. To change one thing into another is impossible. But with the use of magic...well, then it becomes possible," I answer with a shrug of my shoulders.