95. Sex Talk

Ryan's POV

"Momma!" Wylie screams and flings herself onto my legs when she swings Sharise's front door open. "I missed you!"

"I missed you, too, baby. You gonna let me in?" I point inside of the house when she stays attached to me for a few moments and she starts giggle, grabbing my hand to lead me inside.

"Who is it?" Sharise sings from the kitchen as I walk through the living room, the top of Riley's head popping out from over the wall.

I give her an anxious smile as I wave my hand through the air and, to my surprise, she sprints toward me, nearly knocking me backward as she wraps her arms around me. I squeeze her tightly as I nuzzle my head in her neck and take a deep whiff of her scent, my chest filling with warmth and my eyes filling with happy tears.

"I missed you so much." I laugh at myself for crying as she pulls away from me and cups her palm against my cheek. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. Are you still mad at me?"

"You know I can't stay mad at this beautiful face." She pats my cheek before pulling me into her once more. "I missed you, too, Ry."

"Stop it, seeing you two all lovey is getting me all riled up." Sharise wiggles her brows as she shakes her body and I give her the finger. "Come on. We're cookin' breakfast, bitch."

"Yeah! We cookin' breakfast bi-" I slap my hand over Wylie's mouth, my eyes lowering at her for her to shut up. "Sorry, momma."

We really need to work on that before she goes to school.

Skylar waves at me from her high chair in the dining room, and I run to give her a kiss on the forehead before continuing into the kitchen. My nose curls at the smell of burnt toast, my eyebrow raising at the blackening piece set on a plate.

"I got distracted." Sharise snorts when she sees me staring at it and I shake my head through a laugh. "You hungry? The good stuff's over here." She motions her hand to the spread of eggs, bacon, and perfectly browned toast.

"Yes, I'm starving." She hands me a plate and all three of us file down the spread, Sharise and I making small plates for our small girls.

"So, tell me everything. You barely told me what happened on the phone." Riley motions her hand for me to talk before she shoves a bite of egg in her mouth when we sit down at the table. "And be honest. I'm not mad as long as you're happy."

"I am happy." I look down at my plate with a smile, my cheeks turning pink with thoughts of Nikki. "Well, you know Wylie and I got in that wreck-" Her face instantly falls into a deep frown, her eyes starting to pool with tears, and I reach my hand across the table to grab hers. "Don't start that. We're fine. It wouldn't have made a bit of difference in anything if you had been here."

"I know. I just hate that I wasn't." She runs her hand across her face, forcing herself to change the subject. "So, is it true that he cut all his hair off?"

"Yes." I roll my eyes through a scoff. "Not all the way off, but it's a lot shorter than what I'm used to. Not a big fan." I point at myself as I shake my head. "Anyways, he came to the hospital and stayed with us. He basically professed his love through this bullshit bedtime story he tells Wylie all the time-"

"Hey!" Wylie's brows furrow as she shoots me an offended look and I raise my hands in surrender.

"-and we just decided to give it a second shot, or third. Whatever fuckin' number we're on now. We started going to couple's therapy, and we both go to individual therapy by ourselves. It's really helped us with our communication and conflict resolution skills. He's technically living down the street at Tommy's old house, but he mainly stays with us." I shove a bite of toast into my mouth as she nods her head in approval.