71. The Mistake

Warnings: Smut

Ryan's POV

"I should get home. Layla's probably freaking out." I let out an awkward laugh as I pry myself away from the warmth of Nikki, my heart aching at the loss of contact.

"Oh, okay. Wylie's teddy is in my car. I need to get it for you." His face falls with undeniable sadness, causing my heart to ache even more. "I'll walk you back up?"

"Yeah, that would be nice." I give him a single nod as I turn toward our cars to make the trek across the long-stretch of beach. "Thank you for- um- you know, coming to find me." My hands shake with nerves, my body overwhelmingly exhausted from the waves of emotions running through me tonight.

I literally have no grasp on reality right now.

"You're welcome." He gives me a tight lipped smile, our feet sinking into the wet sand as we walk. "I couldn't take thinking you were out here screaming alone." He bows his head bashfully.

"Oh God, you heard all that?" I groan, mortified that he saw my breakdown.

"Yeah. But you know, in a weird way, it was really beautiful."

"What?" I snort out a loud laugh. "Shut the fuck up. Nothing about me is beautiful tonight."

"You're always beautiful, Ryan." He snaps his mouth closed in embarrassment and my heart feels like it's going to rip out of my chest.

"I must be if you think I'm still prettier than our daughter in her tutu." I nudge his arm playfully as his face flushes pink.

"I'm sorry about that. I know that was weird." He shakes his head as he sighs out in frustration with himself.

"It definitely was weird, but it was sweet. Can I ask you something?" I turn my head toward him and he gives me a nod. "Why did you feel the need to call and tell me that?"

"I was having a bad night. I just couldn't get you out of my head, I guess." He shrugs his shoulders as he looks out onto the water, too scared for his eyes to meet mine.

"Hmm." I hum in response, not sure of what else there is to say to that.

"You're always on my mind, Ryan. You live there rent free and probably always will." He sniffs back, his face hardening.

"I know what you mean- Shit!" My foot twists into the sand, sending my whole body falling onto the gritty ground. "Mother fucker!"

"Are you okay?!" He falls to his knees to help, slowly dragging my foot from the sand pit I fell into.

"Yeah. Jesus Christ, I hate tonight." I lay my back into the sand and close my eyes as I take a few deep breaths.

Fuck this weird ass painful day.

My eyes open to meet Nikki's as he leans over me, his piercing green eyes cutting into mine. My heart instantly starts to race, my breaths starting to get shorter with every second he looks at me. His finger tips graze over my cheek and I let out a small whimper at the soft gesture.

"What are you-" He cuts me off as he presses his lips into mine and I practically melt into his touch, years of yearning for him coming to the surface.

A deep pit of need opens in my stomach and I wrap my hand into the back of his hair to deepen the kiss, my tongue dancing on his lips to let me in. He animalistically groans from his diaphragm as he opens his mouth and lowers his body onto mine, my legs immediately wrapping around his waist in habit.

His kiss is rough, his teeth biting at my bottom lip every few seconds, hard enough that we can both taste the tang of my blood. He licks my lips as his mouth moves down the curve of my chin and onto my neck, my underwear practically becoming soaked as he nibbles at my sensitive skin.