43. Inside Two Addict's Minds

Warnings: Drug Use

Ryan's POV

"I need a bigger buy this time, like five times bigger. I'm leaving tomorrow and I won't be back for a while."

"Do you realize how much that is?" Slash's condescending tone makes me want to pull that glorious hair of his out of his head.

"Yes, I do. Can you do it or not?"

"Give me a few hours."

"I'll be at Ralph's in the same spot at midnight tonight."

Nikki sleeps like a rock, and Riley decided to stay the night tonight so she didn't have to worry about being late to the plane tomorrow. I shouldn't have a problem sneaking out.

"Alright then." I put the phone back on the receiver just in time for Nikki to walk around the corner, a load of laundry in his arms.

"Help."

"You're a grown ass man, fold it yourself. I'm packing for two already." I give him a kiss on the cheek as he whines, and I walk back upstairs in search of my black bag.

Addict Math:

I have about 50 left and 500 more on the way, so 550. If I take 10 a day, that'll get me by for 55 days. That won't work, we won't be home for 61 days. 8 a day would get me by for around 68 days.

If I have 8 a day, I can take 3 in the morning to wake up, 2 after lunch to keep it going, and 3 at night to get through the shows.

8 it is.

That'll get me around 60 extra, which means I have a good two- three weeks worth of days that I can take a few more and still have enough to get me by. Those will be reserved for long flight days.

They're about $5 a pill, so I need to give Slash $2,500. I have more than that in the safe. That'll work.

"Hey, Nik! Where's the key to the safe?" My voice bounces off the hallway walls down to the bedroom where he is.

"It's in the front pocket of my backpack! Why?" Frustration is evident in his voice, probably because I made him fold his own laundry.

"I'm gonna get some cash, just in case we need it!"

No answer, so I assume he doesn't give a shit. He shouldn't give a shit, half of the money in there is mine and I can do with it as I please.

My hands shake as I open the safe and flip through hundred dollar bills to get just the right amount. I can't just take $2,500, Nikki will wonder where it all went when we need cash and I say I don't have any. I can't take more than $5,000, he'll see a big chunk of the stack missing next time he gets in here. $3,500 should do it, $1,000 is a reasonable amount of cash to take on tour and it won't be too much of a chunk missing out of the stack. I'll put the $2,500 into the hidden pocket of my purse so if he gets in there for anything he'll just see the $1,000.

I purposely dumped the majority of Wylie's formula into a plastic bag and put it in the back of the plate cabinet, just in case Nikki wakes up while I'm gone I can tell him I remembered we were out in the middle of the night and had to go get some. He'll look and see an empty can if he's skeptical. Ralph's is the only store on this side of town that's open 24 hours, so that's the only option I would have to get more and I won't be lying if he asks where I went.

I disconnected the motion sensor lights outside and I'll conveniently "forget" to close the garage door when Riley gets here so I won't make any noise when I leave.

I think I've thought of everything.

The more I pack my infant daughter's clothes and toys, the more I regret agreeing to this shit. On what planet is it a good idea to take a baby on tour? Even with Riley, this is gonna be a shit show. Tommy seemed happy about it, but I know Vince won't be and I'm not sure about Mick. He seems to love Wylie, but I'm not sure how he'll feel about having to see her every day.