81. Bare

Warnings: Smut

Ryan's POV

"Don't fucking cry, Sharise. I don't want to cry, and if you cry, I'll definitely cry." I point my finger at her standing on my front porch as Nikki helps me get out of the car.

"Fuck you, bitch! I'm gonna cry! Look at your fucking face!" She fans her own face as it contorts into a sob, and she flings her arms around me as soon as I get close enough. "I'm so sorry I couldn't be there, Ryan. I haven't slept at all worrying about you guys."

"We're fine, Shar. I promise. And don't worry about it, we missed you, but we were taken care of the whole time." I breathe in the scent of her hair as I wrap my arms around her.

"I can see that." She whispers in my ear as she looks past me to see Nikki getting Wylie out of the car. "Your phone call didn't explain much, you have a lot to tell me."

"Yes, I do." I smile against her cheek, actually excited to go into further detail. "Where's Sky?" I pull away from her, my face falling into a frown when I don't see my little friend.

"She's inside in the play room. And just as a warning before you go in, Layla kinda picked through your house and took whatever she wanted."

"What?" I pivot on my heels abruptly, not paying any mind to my sore body as I crash through my front door. "Oh my God."

"What's wrong?" Nikki walks in behind me, holding Wylie's hand while my face turns beat red in anger.

"Where's the TV, momma?" She stomps her foot, signaling an impending fit.

That makes two of us.

"That fucking cunt!" I scream, Nikki letting Wylie's hand go to grab my arm. "She took my fucking shit, Nikki! What else did she take?!" I turn to Sharise and she sucks her teeth.

"She took the TV set in here, your bedroom dresser, the bed out of one of the guest rooms, and the couches out of the basement." She curls her nose as she prepares for me to lose my shit.

"She did what?!" Nikki turns to her and she raises her hands in defense. "She just took it all? Why?!"

"Momma, what's going on?" Wylie tugs on my hand, tears starting to well in her eyes. "Where's Layla? Where's the TV?" I can't tell if she's more upset about Layla or the TV, but her sad voice instantly breaks my heart.

"Come here and sit down with me. Momma needs to tell you something." I grab her hand and lead her to the couch, helping her get up onto it with a wince. "Layla moved out, baby. It's just gonna be me and you for a little bit. Auntie Sharise and Sky are gonna stay with us for a while, and daddy will be around a lot, too." I flick my eyes to Nikki and he gives me a weak smile before both him and Sharise file out of the room.

"But why?" She tilts her head to the side as a single tear falls onto her cheek. "She's not coming back?"

"No, baby, she's not. Momma and Layla broke up, which is just what happens sometimes. Sometimes people aren't meant to stay together forever, and that's okay. And it's okay to miss her, but you have to remember you still have so many people that love you." I pull her hair out of her face and shove it behind her ear as she looks around the room.

"Is the TV coming back?" She sniffs.

"I will get us a new TV, and I'm even gonna get you a TV for your bedroom." I bring my face to hers as I kiss her forehead. "And daddy is gonna move into a house just down the street, so you can see him whenever you want."

"Is Layla gone because I said daddy slept in your bed?" She looks at the floor as she kicks her feet with guilt, and I grab the sides of her face to make her look at me.