50. Recover

Warnings: Drug Use

Ryan's POV

"Hold up. He did what?! And you did what?!" Sharise's shrill tone of voice and surprised look on her face makes me chuckle as I give Wylie her bottle.

"He fucked that girl from Vegas, remember the one that annoyed us at the bar?"

"I know who you're talking about, but I'm having a hard time comprehending. He fucked her on your wedding night? So you went and fucked Slash? Like from Guns N' Roses? Where the fuck did he even come from?" She looks at the ceiling, trying to work it through in her brain.

"I met him at Doug's party before tour started. You were passed out drunk on the couch, and I was bored so I made a friend." I shrug my shoulders, smiling down at my daughter as she sucks on her bottle.

"But you fucked him? Like penis in vagina fucked him?"

"Yes, what are you not understanding? We both cheated, we're even now. It's all good."

"It's all good?!" She looks at me like I've grown a second head.

"Yeah, we're actually better than we have been in a long time. He's not even upset that I'm not going back on tour." I shrug my shoulders, feeling a sense of relief that everything I'm saying is true- as far as I know.

"Was he good? I've heard he's an amazing lay." She turns toward me with her hands cupped under her chin, waiting for me to tell her everything about my rendezvous with Slash.

"Girl." I look around the room and down the hall to make sure Nikki isn't anywhere close. "He was fucking amazing. He got me off twice- at the same time- if you know what I mean." I wiggle my eyebrows at her as her mouth falls into an 'o' shape.

"Seriously?! Shit, I may need to pay him a visit." I slap her arm and she laughs, my face turning red. "So, what now? You're not gonna see him again?"

"No, I'm not. That's over."

"You can't call me anymore, I'm done. I don't need anything from you any longer. I'm getting off the pills and working on my marriage. Thank you for helping me when I needed it, but Nikki knows and we can't be friends anymore."

"He knows? You told him?"

"Well, I told him about the sleeping with you part and he made me promise to not contact you anymore. If he finds me on the phone with you, he'll ring my neck. Goodbye."

"Wait!" I put the phone back up to my ear, wishing he would just take the hint. "Just, call me if you need anything, okay? I enjoyed our time together." The obvious sadness in his voice throws me off guard.

"Please don't call here again. Just keep your distance, especially from Nikki. Bye."

I don't plan on seeing or speaking to him again, and I have my plan to start tapering off the pills as soon as Nikki leaves in two days. For the first time in a while, I feel like everything is really looking up. I feel strong, and I know I can kick this just like I kicked heroin.

"Good God, I leave you for four days and you go insane." We share a laugh as Wylie blows a raspberry around the nipple of her bottle. "Where's he taking you tonight?"

"I have no idea, he says it's a surprise. Whatever it is, I just hope it leads to sex." She quirks her eyebrow at me, wondering what I mean by that. "We're good, like we're not fighting and we've been really loving toward each other, but I think he's having a hard time fucking me when he knows he's not the last person that fucked me. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, but you fucked him when you weren't the last person to do it either."

"I didn't know I wasn't the last person, though. I had the gift of ignorance. I mean, I get it, I still picture him and that bitch together and get upset. He's gonna have to get over it eventually, but I think he's feeling a little inferior since Slash was so good at it."