32. Wylie

Gonna go cry in the corner cause we're #1 in #nikkisixx right now. 😭♥️

Ryan's POV

"Stop squirming and let me look at it. I need to make sure you don't have any internal bleeding or some shit."

"Would you even know how to tell if I did?"

Fair point.

"Maybe!" I snort, causing Sharise to laugh and grab her stomach in pain. "It's bruised, but I think if you had internal bleeding it would look like blood under your skin. I dunno, just don't die, okay?"

"You were right. We shouldn't have gone out last night. Staying at home is fun." She groans, looking at the rectangular bruise on her stomach in the mirror.

"It's not your fault, babe. It's not like you knew it was gonna happen."

"Vince is going to pitch a fit when I tell him what happened when he gets home."

Nikki only called to tell me they were coming home a day early last night, no detail at all. His tone of voice let me know that something was off, but I tried to write it off as home sickness and massive jet lag from the ten hour difference between Moscow and LA. I know he wasn't impressed with the hotel they were staying in, maybe he just didn't want to stick around any longer than he had to.

"Let's not mention that the dude pushed me, okay? I don't want my new significant other in prison with my old one." She nods in agreement. "Who was that fucker anyway? You knew his name like you know him."

"Izzy Stradlin." I blink, giving her a blank stare. "Izzy Stradlin. From Guns N' Roses?"

"I don't know who that is." I shrug and she looks at me like I suddenly grew a third tit.

"You know, Paradise City. Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty." I smile at her awful singing voice. She's beautiful, smart, and funny, but the woman can't sing for shit.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. I know that song."

"You're so weird, Ryan."

"Sharise, I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, how the fuck am I supposed to remember every single band that's had a hit song on the radio?" She rolls her eyes at my response, picking up a comb to tease her hair. It's already basically standing straight up so I'm not quite sure what else she's trying to accomplish.

"Mötley took them on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour for a few shows when nobody even knew who they were, so this will be personal to Vin. Mötley really gave them a leg up in their career and he returns the favor by beating up his wife."

"He knew who you were and still pulled that shit? That's fucked up. I should've hit him."

"Come on, we're gonna be late to your appointment and I wanna see our baby." Tired of the topic of conversation, Sharise changes the subject and lightly nudges me toward my closet. Warmth spreads through my heart at her use of 'our' and I nod, going to change into clean sweats.

"Can we go shopping for maternity clothes after? The guys won't be home until late tonight." I call to her from the closet and she pops her head around the wall with a shit eating grin spread across her face.

"Of course we can go shopping."

-

"That's your little bean right there." The nurse points to the black and white screen, and I cringe at the word 'bean'.

"Oh my God, how weird." Sharise puts her face up close to the screen, earning a weird look from the nurse.

"Sharise." I whisper, getting her attention off of the black and white blob.