72. Valentine's Day

It's a two-update day, 'cause why the fuck not?

So, the italics are 1989's Valentine's and the regular print is 1992's Valentine's. The same premise as I've done before, just switching back and forth a lot more than normal. ♥️

Warnings: Light Smut

Ryan's POV

"Good morning, baby." Nikki's soft voice squeaks from the side of the bed and I pop one eye open to see him kneeled on the floor.

"What on Earth are you doing?" I groan, flipping on my side to face him as his fingertips graze over my cheek.

"It's our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife, you gotta wake up so we can celebrate!" He slaps his hands against the bed as he stands up and I sit up against the headboard.

I crack a smile as he brings me a tray of pancakes complete with sausage, eggs, bacon, and orange juice. A gorgeous single rose sits in a vase next to the syrup. His goofy grin makes me chuckle, he's so proud of himself right now.

"Thank you, Nik." I press my lips onto his as he flops onto the bed next to me, his shit-eating grin never faltering. "What is it?" I quirk an eyebrow as I shovel a piece of bacon into my mouth.

"I have the whole day planned."

"Oh, you do, do you?"

"Yes. We are in the beautiful city of Seattle with the whole day off, I already told the guys to not expect us anywhere, and Riley is taking over Wylie duty for the day. It's just you and me baby, and I have fun things planned."

"Okay, Casanova. I dig it." I nod my head as he claps his hands in triumph.

"Wylie's on the phone, she wants to talk to you." Layla shoves my shoulder, jolting me awake.

It takes me a few seconds to get my bearings, the sun beaming in through the curtains right into my eyes. I give Layla a nod as I reach out my hand for the phone, and she disappears as soon as she hands it to me.

"You okay, babe?" My voice is hoarse from sleep and I look at the clock reading only nine AM.

"Happy Valentine's Day, momma!" She fumbles over the word 'Valentine's', sounding more like 'Balentimes' and I softly laugh.

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby. What are you doing?"

"We're about to go get pancakes! Daddy said I needed to call you and tell you to have a good day." I roll my eyes, of course he did. On a trip to propose to his girlfriend and he uses our daughter as the middle man to tell me happy Valentine's day.

"That's very sweet of you, Wylie. I hope you have a good day, too."

"We're going to the aq- aqwa-" She pauses as Nikki's voice whispers something in the background. "Aquarium! Where the fishies are!"

"That sounds like so much fun. Is everyone being nice to you?" My motherly instincts show through to make sure Donna's parents aren't treating her like the red headed step child.

"Yeah! Everyone loves me, momma. You know that." Her smug tone of voice makes me laugh a loud, hearty laugh.

"Sorry, I forgot, Miss Sass. Call me later, okay? I wanna hear all about the fishies."

"Okay. I love you, momma. I miss you." My heart lurches at her small, sweet voice and I take a deep breath.

"I love and miss you, too, baby. I'll see you tomorrow."