193. Thoughts on MCC Pride

I've seen a lot of shit, mainly on Twitter, about people being really upset about the people in the MCC Pride event because apparently a gay fundraising event made by a gay man for gay people with gay people is.... homophobic? I'm not entirely sure how those privileged little kids on Twitter managed to get to that conclusion but oh boy is it an interesting one lmao.

They're just erasing whole peoples identities with some of the shit that they're claiming. "There are no Trans ppl in the event!" Eret literally isn't cis, but just say you hate her and think they deserve to get misgendered. I don't even know what problematic or offensive or whatever shit he's done, but they still don't deserve to get labelled as a cis man when she fucking isn't. Misgendering someone should never be a punishment for anything. It's fucked.

"There are so many small queer creators on twitch why aren't they here!" Yeah, you're right, there are. But this event is sponsored by YouTube, so that means anyone with a twitch contract won't be able to stream the event. MCC is a big thing in the MCYT community and people wanna be able to stream their first thing. Also this event was a sign up thing, not an invite thing. If they didn't sign up, then that's on them. Not Scott, you dipshits. 

"Technoblade is lesbian phobic." He made a tasteless joke 7 years ago when he was a kid. He has proven time and time again to be a wonderful fucking ally. Not to mention, he is going to be the biggest person streaming this and will be having the biggest donation contribution to the Trevor project. This event is about raising money for charity. 

The amount of assuming they're doing is amazing. Like they don't even fucking know half of these creators but they're saying all this shit about lack of representation/diversity. Like that hasn't been a problem with every MCC. And it's still NOT SCOTT'S FAULT. It's the communities job to blow this people up. "There aren't enough of [insert minority here] in MCC/the DSMP/whatever" okay and? Where are they? 'Cause last I checked all y'all just watch the same cishet white boys and don't pay attention to anyone else. So how do y'all expect these big ass creators to know about them if y'all don't give em a platform??

There could also be so many creators in this event who are questioning, in the closet, or just not as out/loud about their identity. Like??? Again, y'all don't know these ppl. 

And Scott gets so much shit all the time and he does not fucking deserve it. "Don't label it a pride event if you aren't even gonna have a lot of queer creators." It's during pride month, raising money for the Trevor Project, and organized by a gay man what do you mean don't label it Pride? Sftu god I hate twitter.