143. In which the 19 year old is confused about Wattpad drama

I feel like I've always been a sort of keep to myself kinda person on Wattpad. Like I've only really made one friend on Wattpad and that was back when I was like 14 years old. Everyone else has just kinda existed? Like I've made somewhat friends but they've all left at this point or there are people that I interact with occasionally but nothing really beyond that. 

I've never had like a consistent group that I've spoken with; I've always sorta been in my own bubble, and I've grown content with that fact. It was something that used to bother me before I met Naldi- and was sorta inserted into the local Harry Potter/Kitty fans of like LostInkMonster, EccentricWriterFreak, HypnoCat, KalypsoWolfe, et cetera and it was something that sorta bothered me after a lot of them left. (Because it really feels like a lot of them did leave around the same time. Did a miss the getting too old for Wattpad party?)

But now I'm pretty happy just chilling by myself and talking to myself in this book. 

Because of my psuedo-self isolation Wattpad has always been this silly, fun app/website I get to read/write silly, fun things on. Then I'd go to some peoples accounts (friends or otherwise) and see that they had beef with someone. Like: "unfollow so-and-so, they suck!" or just like the type of drama that I'd hear people talking about back in high school. But I will just be chilling and then I'll go onto someone's account and find out that so-and-so is canceled for some reason that no one ever specifies? 

I don't know if I've noticed this recently, but I remember back in the day there would be like friend group v friend group type shit. 

And I've realized that some people on here (typically the younger audience on here (which is weird to say considering I used to be the younger audience and no longer am. Like... I'm old apparently lmao)) sometimes views Wattpad as not only a funny, silly read/writing website whatever but like a typical social media app? Maybe? Idk. I've only been somewhat interacting to one 14? 13? 15? year old and I haven't interviewed them for this lmao. I'm just a stream of consciousness at the moment so you can probably disregard everything I'm saying as it might not make any sense.

But, like, there's readers having beef with each other, beef among the writers (some understandable with like plagiarism and shit), readers having beef with books/writers (like Kitty's mentioned loads with smut wanters and shit). And it just all seems so strange to me. Like why do they care? 

I feel like some people really do treat this app like Tumblr/TikTok/Instagram/just fucking high school and are just caring too much? Ya know. Like, I feel like they're putting way too much mental energy in the going ons of a writing app. Especially one that is considered like the worst fanfic site that gets mocked by every other fanfiction app/site (even tho we're all doing the same shit, but that's a whole different thing that low-key pisses me off ngl).

I don't know where I'm going with this or where I even started but yeah. Drama/beef/whatever on this app seems so strange. And I know a lot of it is the young teenagers who seem to want to fight every battle they come across no matter how insignificant it is.

Or maybe I just don't care about Wattpad enough and it's a me thing?