166. A frustrated rant about a job I can't wait to quit

Okay y'all so I was looking at my work schedule the other day and I noticed that my boss had scheduled me to work on Saturday, May 22. Upon seeing that I thought "Huh, that's weird" because I don't work Saturdays. So it's like, why is she doing this. I can't work these days, she knows this, why is she doing this to me?

So I emailed her. I thought I was being very respectful and I said

     "I was looking at the schedule and I noticed that I was assigned to work Saturday, May 22nd from 6:30 - 12:30. I am unable to work Saturdays; I've had them blocked off in my preferences. Thank you."

I genuinely just thought it was a mistake. Like she forgot or (what I really thought) she meant to assign that shift to the other girl at work who has the same name as me. And I was just expecting a little, "oh, sorry about that." and then I could move on with my life.

No.

     "I would not have done that if we had not REALLY needed you and classes been over. I'd like to say I'll just find another person, but I don't see another option without asking another to work 7 days straight. I will see what I can do and keep your hours at minimum going forward."

There are a couple of things that stand out to me in my boss' email. 1) she doesn't fucking listen to me. Case in point: the mention of classes ending. I'm not taking any classes. I'm not in school. I took classes in the fall, yes. But that was part of the gap year program I did. And she knows that. Or she should. 'Cause I've told her multiple fucking times, but whatever. 2) It seems like she's trying to punish me. "Keep your hours at minimum going forward." For those of you who don't have a job, that sentence could be considered a threat. Them be fighting words, as my Mommom would say. 

"If you don't do this I'll cut your hours and therefore your pay." 

Babes. I work 3 days a week. 20 hours. I make a little over 800$ a month, like the fuck you gonna do? Just fucking fire me at this point jfc.

But also I don't need this job. I don't need to work for myself rn. I have no bills or rent or whatever. Like I just wanted to work there and I enjoyed working there. So I did. Like it was that simple. I don't need it to survive.

To that, I responded:

     "I'm sorry I can't help out but I have prior engagements on Saturdays and they are entirely unavailable. Thank you for understanding. I hope things work out."

I feel like I'm being really nice. I think this might be the end of this. Maybe she'll realize her mistake. 

She didn't.

     "I'm not ok. This is not what you have on when to Work."

Actually, Laurie, if you checked my When to Work, you would see that that statement is 100% fucking false. But whatever. It's fine. When she said that though, I had this thought of "Oh, she either thinks she's talking to the other girl or she's looking at the other girl's preferences." This is one big misunderstanding or miscommunication.

     "Maybe we are having a miscommunication. My Saturdays have been blocked in red (Cannot Work) in my When to Work preferences since September."

     "Thank you. They are. So sorry to have bothered you for a business need. Your restrictions are now noted and documented. As is you cooperation."

So sorry to have bothered you for a business need.

OH FUCK OFF. That is so fucking petty, backhanded, and guilt trippy. You are 60+ year old woman, grow the fuck up. It's not my fault you decided to look at my preferences that clearly showed I can't work on Saturdays and just fucking ignored it. 

You restrictions are now noted and documented.

THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTED ALREADY SEEING AS THEY'VE BEEN IN W2W FOR LIKE 8 FUCKING MONTHS. Kiss my fat fucking ass. 

Also the two word fucking sentences. Thank you, period. They are, period. I get it, you're pissed. But you put yourself in this situation. I'm sorry you thought I was just gonna roll over and come in anyway. Like you needing me in particular doesn't change the fact that my Saturdays are blocked. You're not God. You don't dictate that shit. The fuck. 

Like she's lucking I'm able to work at fucking all. I don't have a car. I use my moms. And back in the fall and early winter it was fine. Because my mom didn't have to physically go into work (she works in a school). So I could use my moms car whenever I needed (I still didn't work a lot cause I get overwhelmed easily and would rather enjoy what I'm doing that make a shit ton of money). Then in February, my mom's school decided that they would be in-person on Mondays and Thursdays (aka 2/3 of the days I worked).

So I blocked those days off my schedule and my schedule changed from Sunday, Monday, Thursday to Sunday, Tuesday, Friday. 100% understandable and completely okay. But then my mom's school decided that she needed to be in person everyday. Monday through Friday. So I quickly came to the terms that I was going to be quitting a couple months early. 

But then my mom was fortunate enough to be able to speak with her boss and finagle her schedule so that she wouldn't need her car on Tuesdays and Fridays so I could still go to work. Like we're lucky we were able to do that or I wouldn't be working at all. 

And there's this guy that only works on Wednesdays. Like he works less than I do. Why didn't you ask him to work on Saturday? Oh, is it because he's unavailable. Weird. 

Anyways. 

I just replied back with a simple: "Okay, thanks." and left it at that. I hope to get an email in the next couple of days with the schedule update of me not working Saturday but who knows. 

But dawg, the amount of times I wanted to fucking match her energy and give her fucking attitude back. (Because every fucking email was filled with all this fucking negative connotation, but maybe that's just me.) But I didn't. Because I'm respectful. 

God I can't fucking wait to leave. May 28 can't come soon enough. 

EDIT:

Am I actually doing shit on Saturdays? Fuck no, it's Saturday what the fuck would I be doing. 

But it's about the fucking principle of her giving us this tool to block out days we can't work and her completely fucking disregarding it.

Fuck you.