⋆WHY DID YOU DO THAT BACK THEN⋆

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

***
"a thin line crosses
the boundary."
***

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

Today, the warrior cadets had a day off and so most of them were either with their families or in the town.

Currently, Eris was walking around with Zeke. It was true, Zeke had a huge soft spot for her. He looked at her like she was his little sister, and would do anything for her.

Right now they had finally decided to take a break from walking and sat on a bench that overlooked the sea. Eris was always fascinated by the sea because it reminded her of Erens teal eyes.

"So are you ready to get the mind Titan?"

"Well no I really don't want you to get a Titan in general."

"What why?"

"Because I want you to live a long life not one other you can only live for 13 years after you get the Titan."

"But I have to, I have to get the mind Titan so I can avenge my parents and save the eldians."

"The eldians?" Zeke questioned. She sounded a lot like his parents then, always talking about saving the eldians.

"I mean uh the people of Marley and kill off those island devils." She quickly said not wanting Zeke to get the wrong ideas.

"Alright whatever you say."

"Zeke." He hummed in response.

"Do you ever wish you were a bird?" She asked as she watched a seagull fly over them.

"No not really, why?"

"It must be nice to live so freely, no walls that keep them in just them and their wings. I wish that once this is all over I'll be free just like them." The girl explained as she watched that same seagull fly over the ocean without a care in the world.

"One day you'll be free, I promise." Zeke reassured. It was now Eris's turn to hum in response.

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

A day passed and she couldn't stop thinking about what Zeke told her. Although Zeke said that she's be free, she knew it was a lie. Even if they did defeat the devils on Paradise island, they would still be stuck in these stupid walls.

So really what was she fighting for? If she wasn't ever going to get her freedom, what's the point in fighting. She thought as she walked over to Ms.Nova.

"Ah hello my favorite cadet, is your training going good?" The older woman asked as she greeted Eris.

"Yes it's going fine," the girl smiled up at Nova before continuing, "how have you been."

"Me? Well I've been fine, anyway are you ready to get the mind Titan?"

"Yes of course I'm ready, it's an honor to be chosen to be a holder of one of the ten."

"That it true but this Titan is way way different from the others, are you sure you're up for it?"
The woman asked. You see one of the many gifts the mind Titan possessed was the ability to see the future. Nova already knew that Eris was destined to get the Titan because she had seen it just like the other holders before her had. Eris was the key to their freedom.

"Well yeah I think I'm ready I'm just not really sure about the paradise island mission." Eris mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Like I get it, we have to killed the people within the walls, but I just don't get why we have to kill them, I mean they're our own people. Our freedom won't be granted if we do kill them, we're still eldians. What makes them so much worse then us, a wall?" In this moment, Nova knew that Eris was definitely going to lead all eldians to their freedom. She knew the girl wasn't going to fight for Marley, she was going to fight for the Eldians.

"They're not worse then us, they're the same. At the end of the day we're both still subjects of Ymir." Nova stated agreeing with Eris.

"So why do we have to fight them if we still won't be free? Who do we have to fight to finally be free?" Eris went on still trying to find the answer to all her questions.

"Everyone else. For Eldians to finally be freed, everyone else needs to perish."

"Oh." Eris never wanted to hurt anyone but it seemed like everyone else was hurting her people so she would have to do what she would have to do, and that is to kill off her oppressors.

"Eris my dear, don't talk about this with anyone else ok, you'll get sent off to paradise if you do so please please stay quite alright." Nova hugged the younger girl before she walked away.

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺