⋆IF I COULD⋆

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

***
"when this world
becomes a tad bit smaller
in the darkness."
***

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

"Eris wait up."

"Hurry up Pock we're gonna be late." Eris huffed out to the boy who was catching up to her. As the two warrior cadets make their way to the training grounds, they bump into someone. Looking up, scared that it was a marleyan, they see one of their trainers.

"Ms.Nova we're so sorry we're late we promise it won't happen again." Porco tells her as the two cadets hold out their pinkies.

"Hmm that's what you two said the last time." The woman told with a eye roll as she interlocks her pinkies with theirs.

"I uh um." The two were at a loss for words.

"Nether the less you're here now, go meet up with the rest outside and start on your laps." The older woman brushes them away as she goes on her way.

"Phew." Eris sighs as she makes her way toward the others. She starts her jog and Porco trails behind her.

"What're you sighing for, Ms.Nova loves you."

"She's still pretty scary, Zeke is way way way less scary." Eris adds.

"Yeah to you, I don't know how though, he also has a soft spot for you." Before the girl could respond an arm is thrown across both hers and Porcos shoulder. Looking over, she finds Marcel.

"Dude, why didn't you wake me up!" Porco asks annoyed that his twin didn't bother to wake him.

"Revenge. It's what you get for stealing my breadstick last night at dinner." Marcel tells. He then greets Eris before heading off to continue his jog.

The two continue their jog together until they're done with the laps they had to do. Once everyone finished, they were met with Zeke.

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

"Ah ha, it looks like you two have finally decided to join us." Zeke stands up and makes his way towards Porco and Eris. He hands Eris a water for her to share with Porco, immediately she drinks.

"Sorry we were late." Porco apologies. He then tries to get Eris to stop hogging the water, so that he could finally drink but she wasn't letting go. The rest watch as they fight over the water. Porco finally gets it, only for there to be none left.

"Eris! We were supposed to share!"

"Go cry."

"You're so rude!"

"Gosh stop fighting, here Pock." Marcel breaks them up as he hands Porco a water. Eris then goes over to sit by Annie and Pieck. Next to them she sees Bertholdt and Reiner. Marcel, Porco, and Zeke make thruway over to the rest.

"Alright well now that that's settled, let's get to fighting." There was an odd number so someone had to fight with Zeke.

"Um uh Eris do you want to uh-" Bertholdt was cut off by Zeke who made Eris fight with him.

"Sorry Bert, maybe next time." Eris apologized as she went over to Zeke. 

"Uh yeah yeah of course." He brushed it off as he went to go partner up with Reiner.

"Alright, let's see what you've got." Zeke says as he gets into a fighting stance. Although, only being 5'3 Eris was a fantastic fighter. If not the best, one of the best in the group. After a few seconds, she already had Zeke pinned to the ground. They trained till it was finally time to go home.

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

Unlike the other warrior cadets, Eris didn't like Marley all that much, in fact once she got the mind Titan, she wasn't going to fight for Marley, she was going to fight for her people, the eldians.

You see, she was only a cadet because they had killed off her parents and sent them to Paradise. This led to her having to live with her grandmother. Her grandmother didn't like her all that much, she was filled with self hatred and pushed it onto Eris. She would go on and on about how eldians should all die and that they're worthless nothings, while being an eldian herself. It made no sense to Eris.

Due to her not really liking her grandmother, she would always come home late. She would spend the rest of her day after training around the town or with her friends.

Porco and Marcel were by far her best friends. They did everything together. They were like three peas in a pod. She was the sister they never had and they were the brother she never had. Right now, they were walking her home after spending the rest of the day out in the town.

"Well I'll see you two tomorrow." Eris told as they made it to the front of her house.

"Make sure to leave early, you don't want to be late again." Marcel instructed.

"Alright alright, bye." She waved as she went up towards her front door.

"Bye." The two said in return as they made their way towards their own house.

≻────────────⋆ ♇ ⋆─────────────≺

Locking the door, she could smell the food that was being cooked in the kitchen. She quickly made her way to her room to clean off all the dirt she was filled with from the training early that day.

As she took her shower, she kept getting flashes of these green teal eyes she would see in her dreams. It freaked her out so she quickly finished up, got dressed, and made her way back downstairs towards the kitchen.

There she was met with her grandmother who was at the table eating. She didn't bother to serve her, so Eris had to serve herself. The two ate in silence, just like they did most nights. 

Eventually once she was finished Eris made her way back upstairs to her room to get ready for bed. Immediately once her head hit her pillow, she fell into a deep sleep. There in her dream she saw those big teal eyes once again.

  ≻────────────⋆♇⋆─────────────≺