Were Gathered Here Today For Vanah

• Dedicated to Savannah Valencia

[Sunny's Point of View]

Well it's officially been a week since Vanah passed away I haven't taken it to well, when the doctor broke the news to us. I went ballistic and ran out of the hospital destroying everything in my way on the way out, I had destroyed a car window and accidentally knocked over a stop sign. When police men finally caught me they dragged me back to the hospital in handcuffs the doctors shoved some type of pills down my throat to calm me, when I was calm the group took me back to the hotel and I had locked myself in my room. Occasionally I'd let in Sammi, Juliet, or CC they didn't make me talk about the situation they were there to try to cheer me up or even make me try to eat. I refused to every time I only took the stupid pills and drank water, I didn't do much in the room I just watches old videos of me and Vanah and looked at pictures of us. I mourned over her death and balled my eyes out.

Today 11/23/12 was the day of her funeral, after today we were all going to head back to Warped Tour, I stared at the reflection of me in the mirror. I stood there in a black frilly blouse and a short mini skirt, I had on black fishnet tights and black flats, I wore a black Drop Dead snapback. It was Vanah's and she gave it to me not to long ago, I didn't have on make-up I didn't own any waterproof make-up and, if I put on regular make-up I know it'll all smear. My eyes were all poofy and bloodshot red, my hair was slightly messy, there was circles under my eyes, I looked a lot paler and a lot skinnier. I was like a freaking ghost here. There was knock on a door and it popped open, CC popped his head in and questioned, "You ready to go Sunny?"

I nodded and smoothed out my skirt, I grabbed my leather jacket and slipped it on, I grabbed a small black clutch purse and joined CC. I gripped his arm and he led me out of the room, we reached the staircase and everyone was standing around whispering. I stood at the top an looked at everyone, they all looked tired and quite sad. Adrian and Billy looked like me, like ghost, their eyes were red just around it. They were both smiling sadly, from the bottom Adrian looked up and met my gaze, he gave me a sad smile and gave me a look that said, 'it's going to be okay' everyone else looked up and looked at me. I slowly descended down the stairs with CC, Sammi engulfed me into a big hug. My arms just laid limp at my side she pulled back and held me at arms length, she looked at me kinda hurt but, then she understood. Everyone came and gave me hugs, I didn't return the gesture to anyone Ella was no where to be seen. Jake tried to give me a hug but I flinched and backed away when he held out his arms, he looked at me hurt and nodded. After all the hugs I returned to CC's side, Andy then cleared his throat and spoke, "Alright, well the funeral will be starting soon, shall we head out?" 

Everyone nodded and headed downstairs to the hearse, we all piled into one and managed to fit. The two tourbuses trailed closely behind, I kept my arms tightly around CC's arm and rested my head on Adrian's shoulder. He rested his large hand on top of my frail one, and what seemed like hours but only just a few minutes we arrived at the burial place. There was hardly anyone there, a few boys and girls stood around chatting amongst one another I guessed they were friends of Vanah who attended the same school as she did. I also didn't see any of her family members except for her two sisters and her grandma, I gestured to CC to let him know that I was going to go talk to Vanah's sisters and grandma. He nodded and I slowly pulled away, as I started walking towards them I took off my hat. The ones who I assumed were Vanah's friend stopped talking and looked at me, they nodded towards me and went back to their conversations. I stood in front of Alyssa, Vanah's oldest sister, and Rebecca Vanah's youngest. Rebecca got up and pulled me into a tight hug, I forced my hands to wrap around her waist. She pulled away and looked at me and smiled sadly. "I'm so sorry Sunny, I know Vanah was closest to you. Thanks for being here today." I nodded in reply.

Alyssa got up and hugged me next, and she whispered, "She's in a better place now Sunny." I squeezed my eyes shut and refused to let any tears fall just yet, Alyssa stepped back and gave me a clear view of Vanah's grandmother. I stepped forward and bent down to give her a hug, when I pulled back she grabbed my arm and examined my face.